Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM

275 posts, read 416,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Like I said earlier, why don't you create your own message board where you can ban people who don't tell you what you want to hear or don't say things your way? Or is it just easier to whine and complain on here? You're not going to get your little way on here. Grow up little girl.

Do you think its adult behavior to refer to another poster as a "little girl"?

If you don't like what I have to say, then disagree with the ideas. Convince me of your point of view. Name calling is beneath me, and it should be beneath you as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 01:38 PM

204 posts, read 336,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post

If you don't like what I have to say, then disagree with the ideas. Convince me of your point of view. Name calling is beneath me, and it should be beneath you as well.
Do you think it's adult behavior to act like a little girl?

Since you don't like what I have to say, just agree to disagree. Don't go on a crusade to stop anything that might be even remotely critical of your beloved home state.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I'm surprised you have time to post in this thread, being that you're over in the Ohio forum complaining about Texas and the way they do things in Ohio.
Interesting that you are deflecting from the points I made above about how you've attributed words that I have not used and ideas I have not expressed on this board. If you're going to engage with another forum participant, then you should probably make sure you use the words I actually said and expressed the ideas I expressed rather than re-wording them.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
Do you think it's adult behavior to act like a little girl?

Since you don't like what I have to say, just agree to disagree. Don't go on a crusade to stop anything that might be even remotely critical of your beloved home state.
If you criticize a place, wherever it might be, how about trying to criticize aspects of the state that can actually be changed? And, how about trying to offer a solution to the problems you discern the state has rather than griping and complaining?

Next, what point does it serve to gripe about Texas' weather or geographical features? They simply are what they are. It's hot in Texas? Well, yes, it is for much of the year. That should be NO surprise as it's in the Sunbelt. What else would someone expect here? It's just stating the obvious repeatedly for what gain?

And, lastly, what IS the point in living in a state where you are so critical of it? There are many other states to choose from, so I would ask that people do that. If I were so miserable when I lived in another state, I would not have stayed there for four years.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Interesting that you are deflecting from the points I made above about how you've attributed words that I have not used and ideas I have not expressed on this board. If you're going to engage with another forum participant, then you should probably make sure you use the words I actually said and expressed the ideas I expressed rather than re-wording them.

You've told people to either shut up or leave, which is exactly what GTFO means. It's the exact same idea, just put into 4 quick letters instead of typing it out.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:48 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,118 times
Quote:
Why yes...yes I do. When posters throw tantrums like a little girl, I will let them know. I do it in real life to friends and family, so saying it to an irrelevant stranger on a message board is no skin off my behind. I've been called worse on here, so deal with it.

Quote:
We've been disagreeing with your absurd idea that people should only respond on this board the way you want them too. I don't need to convince you of anything, since you seem to have your mind made up to be as disruptive and whiny as possible and thinking someone died and made you a moderator on here. You seem to have issues with trying to control the environment around you and trying to have everyone do what you say and doing things your way. You seem to think saying the same crap over and over again is going to make people change how they write on here. Good luck with that sweetie...

Speaking of deflection, why didn't you answer my question? Go start your own message board where you can boss people around and make them do as you say. I'll even send you some links so you can get started:

ProBoards - Free Forums & Free Message Boards

Boardhost: Create a free forum. Reliable, remotely hosted.

Free Forum & Free Message Board - Create Free Forum in Seconds

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 10-24-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 PM

204 posts, read 336,274 times
Quote:
And, lastly, what IS the point in living in a state where you are so critical of it? There are many other states to choose from, so I would ask that people do that. If I were so miserable when I lived in another state, I would not have stayed there for four years.
Do you have trouble comprehending what I say? I said I enjoy my life here, I'm not miserable. I have, however, come to dislike many things about Texas, so I will not stay permanently.

It's futile though. I predict you will respond with the same nonsense that you have in every other post.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
You've told people to either shut up or leave, which is exactly what GTFO means. It's the exact same idea, just put into 4 quick letters instead of typing it out.
I'll be much clearer then. The "F" word is not in my vocabulary whether written or spoken. No judgment if its in yours. I did not tell anyone to "GTFO." GTFO seems a bit more in your face than "leave," IMO.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
Do you have trouble comprehending what I say? I said I enjoy my life here, I'm not miserable. I have, however, come to dislike many things about Texas, so I will not stay permanently.

It's futile though. I predict you will respond with the same nonsense that you have in every other post.

Why did you come here to begin with if there are so many things you dislike?

Tell me some things you DO like about Texas, or is that another thread?

Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,118 times
Again, to the OP:

ProBoards - Free Forums & Free Message Boards

Boardhost: Create a free forum. Reliable, remotely hosted.

Free Forum & Free Message Board - Create Free Forum in Seconds

Go start your own message board where you can boss people around and make them do as you say. I mean, really...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas