Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 AM
zix zix started this thread

79 posts, read 368,987 times

Advertisements

What larger cities or regions in Texas have the most sexually conservative people?

larger = over 50,000 people
sexually conservative = less sleeping around, less divorce, less unwed mothers, more faithfulness

My question does not include religion, so your answer should not include religion. I am not talking anything about being religiously or politically conservative. I do not have anything against religion. I am simply trying to keep the question focused, because a person may be sexually conservative whether they believe in a God or not.

Answers should be polite, not name-calling

For example, you could say, "It's not xyz town, because it seemed like everyone was freely sleeping around, swinger clubs were prevalent." Or, "abc was very conservative because ....."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,590,704 times
Actually, I think Texas is worse than California in this regard.

Based off of friends and others I have met here, people tend to lose their virginity at a much younger age here. In California, most of us were 18 or 19 when we first tried it. The people Ive talked to who grew up here were screwing at 15 or 16.

People here also seem more anxious to have more partners than in California.

Nothing scientific, just an observation.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

Based off of friends and others I have met here, people tend to lose their virginity at a much younger age here. In California, most of us were 18 or 19 when we first tried it. The people Ive talked to who grew up here were screwing at 15 or 16.

I agree. While I know he stated to leave religion out of it. From my experience; religious types tend to be more sexually active than non-believers.

I did find some lists though:

Quote:
No. 1. Austin, TX
No. 2. Dallas, TX
No. 3. Columbus, OH
No. 4. Durham, NC
No. 5. Denver, CO
No. 6. Indianapolis, IN
No. 7. Arlington, TX
No. 8. Oklahoma City, OK
No. 9. Bakersfield, CA
No. 10. Houston, TX
No. 11. Lubbock, TX
No. 12. Fort Worth, TX
No. 13. Charlotte, NC
No. 14. Fresno, CA
No. 15. San Antonio, TX
No. 16. Richmond, VA
No. 17. Anchorage, AK
No. 18. Nashville, TN
No. 19. Memphis, TN
No. 20. Kansas City, MO
Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

All this sexing us Texans are doing; I wonder why our obesity rate is so high!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 AM
zix zix started this thread

79 posts, read 368,987 times
As far as saying "worse" or "better" I would prefer not to use such judgments, because then it can turn into an argument in terms of what is "worse." For some people, they want a promiscuous partner, so they would consider that "better." On the contrary, for people that feel promiscuity is bad, they would consider that "worse." So to discuss the issue, it is better to say MORE or LESS sexually conservative or by using numbers or percentages.

As far as religion, its fine to talk a little about religion. My point is that I didnt want this discussion to veer off track from the original question posed. Just because a person claims to be religious or goes to church doesnt necessarily make them a better person or more sexually conservative.

To restate, Id like the discussion to focus on the reality of what people do, how they act.....not on what people should do, not what you want them to do, or if its right or wrong, or Godly or unGodly because that is would be a discussion for a separate post, and would detract from the original question.

Thanks for your comments.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:31 PM

4,287 posts, read 7,985,590 times
I didn't notice this at all: I'm not getting laid

Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM

204 posts, read 334,485 times
What kind of question is this?

Do you think you are going to be able to find hard data about the sexual habits and infidelities of people in a specific city? I doubt it.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 AM

172 posts, read 409,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

this must be a joke

i dont feel like digging up stuff to prove my points but here is it in short

Religious people- true religious people dont have sex as early or commit as many crimes in general
those who claim religion but dont practice it- will always out do others

like 80% of the country claims to be "religious" thus no duh that most stats might make it seem the religious folk are screwing up more than non religious folk. Most people are so afraid to find there own way of thinking thus most people just go "oh god! god is my savior" without ever really knowing god let alone practicing it right.

the True religious folk, real church goers and good familes with the kids getting along with parents they are gonna be less sexually promiscuous than others.

However keep in mind a huge % of the population that is in poverty/poor/uneducated will throw the stats off as it is always the poor and lesser educated people generally who accept religion so easily compare to say the rates of those who have BA degrees or higher let alone compare to rates of people in say "higher educated countries" than that of the United States.

hey just my rant

Last edited by deathpenalty03; 10-27-2011 at 12:44 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,212,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I agree. While I know he stated to leave religion out of it. From my experience; religious types tend to be more sexually active than non-believers.

I did find some lists though:

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

All this sexing us Texans are doing; I wonder why our obesity rate is so high!
People in college towns tend to get more action? Who knew?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:09 AM

593 posts, read 1,371,833 times
Blkgiraffe, that list is totally unfair and biased. I did not see any small towns on the list. What about all the small towns where everyone is related? You know thems folx is just like squirrels, just trying to get a nut.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:34 AM

18,041 posts, read 25,057,949 times
I'm confused about this post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas