Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:22 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times

Advertisements

He needs to be set up. He needs to lose his position as a judge. Her discipline problems are impossible to know from a video of her being repeatedly beaten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
What she did was very serious. People are fined HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS and spend time in JAIL for it. I still say he should have waited until he wasn't so angry though, it is never a good idea to discipline a child in the heat of the moment.

20yrsinBranson

LOL.

Who has gone to jail for downloading music?

Or paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines?

Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
oh... back when the music industry was coming down on napster, there were threats and actual attempts at fining people... not sure if any were ever successful.....

Old 11-10-2011, 02:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
LOL.

Who has gone to jail for downloading music?

Or paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines?
These folks, for a start....

Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads - CNN

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7902694.story

http://www.wired.com/listening_post/...uilty-verdict/

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-10-2011, 02:18 PM

6 posts, read 6,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
She was not an adult at 16, and has cerebral palsy. It's not his duty to abuse his daughter who is too old to be getting a spanking in the first place.
Why would you turn your daughter in for anything so miniscule? I would hate to be your child...
She bigged up her cerebral palsy and is an unstable woman. I admit her father was wrong in beating her the way he did.

She should have handled this differently, but like the spoiled greedy brat she is, she has made a mess of a family problem that could have been hamdled differently and not in public.

As far as I'm concerned she is no different than Kim Kardashian.

If you want prove as to how unstable and fame hungry Hillary Adams is, just visit her twitter feed.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM

6 posts, read 6,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
He needs to be set up. He needs to lose his position as a judge. Her discipline problems are impossible to know from a video of her being repeatedly beaten.
That's very immature to call for him to be set up. The man needs to be removed from family court, but not the bench.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dis Comfort View Post
She bigged up her cerebral palsy and is an unstable woman. I admit her father was wrong in beating her the way he did.

She should have handled this differently, but like the spoiled greedy brat she is, she has made a mess of a family problem that could have been hamdled differently and not in public.

As far as I'm concerned she is no different than Kim Kardashian.

If you want prove as to how unstable and fame hungry Hillary Adams is, just visit her twitter feed.
She got lots of these people fooled. You don't publicly post a video up of your father "brutally?" beating you; than say you weren't trying to create hatred, but show your father needed help. You suggest a therapist and go to the police for help; not the worldwide web! However, lets all just blame it on her cerebral palsy.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
She got lots of these people fooled. You don't publicly post a video up of your father "brutally?" beating you; than say you weren't trying to create hatred, but show your father needed help. You suggest a therapist and go to the police for help; not the worldwide web! However, lets all just blame it on her cerebral palsy.
No, she doesn't have us fooled. I don't view her as a pinnacle of humanity, and her father as the devil.. I think they are both trashy people and a trashy family...

That doesn't change the fact that this is abuse. It doesn't have to be one or the other....she can be both a brat, and abused at the same time.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:35 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
No, she doesn't have us fooled. I don't view her as a pinnacle of humanity, and her father as the devil.. I think they are both trashy people and a trashy family...

That doesn't change the fact that this is abuse. It doesn't have to be one or the other....she can be both a brat, and abused at the same time.
It's only abuse to some though. You have to look at it from two different prespectives; if this was true abuse. The media and investigators would be all over this. Children react differently to different types of discipline methods. What may work for one child; may not work for another.

My parents telling me to "Act right!" or "Stop it!" or simply giving me the stare didn't work; I responded very much to the belt though. I didn't grow up to be mentally disturbed or a problematic person. I know people who have never been whupped in their life, but grew up to be a criminal. People just turn out and react differently regardless of past situations.

I could see how someone could see this as abuse, but personally I don't. I dislike the fact that he did approach the situation very angry and overdid it. However, at the same time I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Saying he needs to rot in hell or be beat in jail. That's too extreme.

I'm disgusted with both of them, but moreso the daughter. Personally the father didn't come off abusive to me. You could tell he was holding back on those hits.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Ok, I have been whupped (spanked) multiple times when I was a kid but it was NEVER THIS BAD!!! My mama hit me 3 or 4 times and she stops, but he just kept going and going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas