Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,093,737 times

Advertisements

I was asked behind the scenes whether members are able to specify that they want to look for a place to live based on the absence of other races. That is allowed here.

What is NOT allowed here is posting negative things about other races. If "birds of a feather" want to flock together, just accept that and don't hijack the topic of the thread to make it about race.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:58 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post

I used to get angry about this, but really, do you want someone who doesn't like your kind to be a neighbor?
It's actually a lot more fun than it sounds.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,627,850 times
Vidor is not bad but Lumberton would be a better choice.

Both communities are mostly caucasian and some hispanic. Both a commuting distance to the coastal oil and chemical refineries. The one in Pt. Arthur has a multi billion dollar expansion construction project. Both cities are 10 minutes from Beaumont.

Lumberton school district is very good but Vidor's is not bad.

Vidor has a bad rep but most of those spouting off about it are only passing on heresay (which is akin to gossip). Vidor in the 60's and even 70's would not have any intergration but that was 40 years ago. Vidor public housing was forcibly intergrated in the 80's or 90's (can't remmeber). Some really good people there and 99% get a bad rap for a very small minority. It is a redneck/country type atmosphere in a lot of ways ... not much zoning, lotta mobile homes. Lumberton, on the other hand recieved a lot of white flight from Beaumont and has a lot of more upscale neighborhoods with better zoning laws.

Hope this helps. I have lived in the area before and currently work inBeaumont but commute from 50 miles north ... never lived in these 2 communities specifically.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:30 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,627,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It's actually a lot more fun than it sounds.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:25 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,855,981 times
Williston, North Dakota. I hear good things.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:50 PM

18,122 posts, read 25,262,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
I'm looking to move to a mostly white homogenous community in East Texas but I can't seem to find any resources online that has the information I'm looking for.
Here you go,
anywhere that is completely white should work for you.
and anywhere dark, is bad for you.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
Neat map.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:04 PM

18,122 posts, read 25,262,858 times
I don't have a problem at all with the OP asking this.
If that's what he wants, well, who are we to tell him "It's wrong to do that".

Hey, at least I know he won't be my neighbor anytime soon.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,741,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
You can look up the demographics on any Texas community here //www.city-data.com/city/Texas.html
That data is so ridiculously out of date it's not funny. Census data has been out for months, and C-D has not updated any of the communities around here.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,282,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Annie, as a white person who has always been best able to remain friends with people of minority races (black, Asian, and Hispanic mainly), I can answer that question perfectly.

It's not about being a minority. It's about the bad behavioral tendencies of certain minorities. If those tendencies were squashed, I guarantee that racism would all but vanish.
(I deleted most of it to save space.)

It's not that easy as standing up and saying something. It's partly the parents fault and largely the schools. I don't want to get into this here but inner city schools in my hometown look like shacks with books that are older than the children themselves. My high school in the suburbs had top notch facilities and brand new books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
I have a few thoughts on this thread. Firstly, I think the OP is just openly saying what a LOT of people actually think when they're looking for a new place to live. That's just a fact. Secondly, with regard to Asians, a lot of the Vietnamese in southern Louisiana are quite poor, so let's not overgeneralize about Asians.

Thirdly, I've gotta laugh to annie_himself about the Vidor comment. I lived in Beaumont and Kountze for a while as a kid, and my best friend was half anglo and half hispanic... in Vidor. We had idiots from the Klan actually show up and burn a cross in his yard, and he was terrorized in school. An ex-girlfriend of mine (she's black, I'm white) when I lived in Baton Rouge actually stopped off in Vidor at a gas station and it created a scene. WHAT a town...

Fourthly, it kinda sounds like the OP should disregard Texas and go look for a home in Livingston Parish or St. Tammany Parish in southeastern Louisiana. There are plenty of "oh I'm not racist, I promise" white folks there. You can even ask the real estate agent, if you're in Mandeville, where you can live to avoid all those lousy minorities. *eyes rolling*
My mom and older cousin always informed me never to stop in Vidor. We always clown on the way back home "I'll drop you off in Vidor!"
Even if I ran out of gas I'd walk east or west on I-10 before I dare get off in Vidor.

Yes, Livingston is a 97% white parish. And that's the reason I avoid it like the plague. I know so much about my city but just east of it I know almost nothing and that's fine with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas