Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 AM

679 posts, read 1,802,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Let them talk...
and then wait until the day that they see a successful, rich black person ... and listen carefully to what they say at that moment.
The real ones can't swallow the idea of "a black person being rich because they worked hard"
Or even better, the distinct possibility that the two major presidential candidates in the next election are black? That is karma at its finest.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:23 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,776,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Man, you sure gave yourself away with this comment.

There's stupid ignorant bad people in every culture, race, town, city, etc.
You think that by getting away from people of X colors, you are going to get away from "bad behavioral tendencies"?

I have bad news for you,
I lived for more than a decade in Mid-Missouri where most towns are 95% white.
that's the same area that is called the meth capital of the US

Missouri: Nation's Meth Capital, Again - St. Louis News - Daily RFT
Man, are you kidding? Meth may be an illegal drug but someone who is staying awake for five years straight by smoking crystal meth every day is nowhere near as criminal as someone who mugs someone walking down the street. I would live in the "meth capital of the US" any day, compared to the "mugging capital of the US", the "murder capital of the US", or the "burglary capital of the US".

You won't get away from bad behaviors ever, but there are certain trends that are stronger than others... and again, if you think I'm giving myself away, look up the statistics for yourself. That's the beautiful thing about numbers - they have no opinion and they don't lie.

I agree with that comment about "the real ones give themselves away when they see a rich successful black person"... see, I love it when someone of a minority race / ethnicity achieves success through hard work, without it being handed to him. Heaven knows, some of them could teach the rest of us Americans more than a few things about what hard work and dedication really mean. It shows the rest of the people of minority races / ethnicities that it is possible for them to achieve the same success in America, and the cycle of poverty / crime / whatever is not unavoidable.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:29 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
RomaniGypsy, you seem shockingly in the dark as to the connection between meth abuse and the commission of other crimes. Meth abuse goes hand in hand with other criminality, though the relationship is probably more in the nature of correlated behaviours than of direct causality (however, the irrationality, paranoia, impulsiveness and risk-taking that can so easily be potentiated by meth abuse can contribute rather directly to criminal acts). Meth addicts are scary, full-stop.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Man, are you kidding? Meth may be an illegal drug but someone who is staying awake for five years straight by smoking crystal meth every day is nowhere near as criminal as someone who mugs someone walking down the street. I would live in the "meth capital of the US" any day, compared to the "mugging capital of the US", the "murder capital of the US", or the "burglary capital of the US".

You won't get away from bad behaviors ever, but there are certain trends that are stronger than others... and again, if you think I'm giving myself away, look up the statistics for yourself. That's the beautiful thing about numbers - they have no opinion and they don't lie.

I agree with that comment about "the real ones give themselves away when they see a rich successful black person"... see, I love it when someone of a minority race / ethnicity achieves success through hard work, without it being handed to him. Heaven knows, some of them could teach the rest of us Americans more than a few things about what hard work and dedication really mean. It shows the rest of the people of minority races / ethnicities that it is possible for them to achieve the same success in America, and the cycle of poverty / crime / whatever is not unavoidable.
Actually, if you want to rely solely on the numbers, then you would see that crime statistics soar in POOR communities regardless of the color of it's members. You keep on saying "some blacks are okay, but most are criminals and the numbers bear that out" but that's not true. The numbers DONT bear that out. Socio-economic status is the main contributor to violent crime, not race. Now if you want to say that poverty effects black people more than white, by all means, the numbers DO bear that out. But that is not a result of their skin color, it's a reflection of the country we live in and it's history.....and people like you that say blacks are inferior (except for the few that have made friends with you or course). If you move to ANY poor community, white or black, you will find crime.

Also, it's silly to say that Meth Heads are okay to live around b/c the worse they will do is stay awake for 5 days. Meth makes you insane. It literally makes you an insane human being. Please back up your assertion that meth related crimes are less violent in nature than other drugs. But by all means, move in next door to a meth lab...let me know how that goes for you.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post

From the suburbs? Addiction is half the reason for the break ins, crack houses, shootings, etc.

Wish I knew the coward who repped me this:

look at school SAT scores for those demographics for your answer.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:37 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
I'm looking to move to a mostly white homogenous community in East Texas but I can't seem to find any resources online that has the information I'm looking for.

I'm interested in somewhere that's affordable to live, has good schools and plenty of work opportunities.

I've decided to move out of the longview area because alot of the white population seems to be leaving and I'm not sure if they're leaving the East Texas area or if they are moving to another area within East Texas that I'm unaware of and I'm trying to figure out where they went and where I can go.

I've heard most are out in the hallsville and diana area these days as alot of the minority populations are moving into the pine tree and spring hill districts. But I can't find any information on the demographics for these schools and areas.

Help much appreciated.
I'll cut to the chase. The places that are predominately white and cheap in Texas are too far out in the sticks to have a great employment opprtunities nearby. Places with great schools and good work opportunites are not cheap, and might be a little too suburban and diverse for you. Which of the four (white, cheap, good employment opportunites, good schools) are you willing to sacrifice? Try looking at greatschools.net for test scores and school demographics if you haven't already. I'm sure someone suggested it already but I'm not in the mood for reading five pages.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher11 View Post
Why are people insulting me and implying I'm a racist?

If I were black, I guarantee you I would get plenty of support and help.

Please keep the racist comments out, I'm looking for a serious reply to my serious question.

Thanks again...
You're absolutely right. It's very typical of this site in general. Blacks and all non-whites of any stripe can ask all the questions they want, which community is diverse (meaning not majority white), etc. etc.

I don't know what the big freaking deal is when a white person asks for a majority-white community/neighborhood, but somebody always gets their panties in a wad over it.

Wish I could help you, but I don't know a lot about current East Texas.

Good luck. Try to ignore the snarky comments, and hopefully someone will come along with an answer that's actually helpful.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
Asking for a majority community of any color is the same as asking for a diverse community? I think not. It's actually the exact opposite.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Asking for a majority community of any color is the same as asking for a diverse community? I think not. It's actually the exact opposite.
It is the opposite. When someone asks for a diverse community, they usually mean one that is not majority white. Who said that asking for a majority-(fill in the blank) community was the same as asking for a diverse community?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
Funny idea as to what diverse means! When I talk about diversity in a community, I'm thinking of one that is ethnically mixed - even if the plurality of residents may be white - and has a mixture of lifestyles - married, single, lesbian and gay singles and couples (and families), different income levels, different types of working life, etc. The idea that "diverse/diversity" is code for racial composition is simply poppycock. If you believe that, I would suggest you really do need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas