Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
They're BOTH 2-3 against teams that are actually decent with 2 games ahead in the win column. Not exactly "superior", if you ask me.
This is not about superior, this is about DFW posters making hate threads against the Texans because the Texans are doing well. If that is not jealousy I dunno what is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 03:50 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
...ok, NOW you're just yaking.
You contradict yourself

Quote:
Every city in Texas has good qualities. Along with those, there are bad qualities. People on this forum who are moving here ask what they need to look out for, if this city has this or that, if the city a high crime rate or whatever. I'll clear some of that up with the good, bad, and in betweens in the 6 largest cities in Texas.

Houston
Good: The city has everything any city could want. Close to the beach. Big beautiful skyline, Rice University, great place for starting a music carrer, great for hosting major sporting events .
Bad: Traffic is terrible, Floods, mosquitoes, hurricaines, smog and gangs (imagine Los Angeles with no mountains and people with Texas accents... you get Houston).
In between: good place for rap music, its proximity to the nastiest looking beach in the world, oil-lots and lots of oil.

San Antonio
Good: strong Latin culture,very festive city, the Alamo and its fame, the river walk, great place to hold sporting events
Bad: big city but dosen't feel as...let's say..."advanced" as Houston or Dallas
In between: none, really. Although some say thier highway system isn't that good and their skyscrapers are smaller than ours (Ft. Worth).

Dallas
Good: Great place for business, along with Ft. Worth and Arlington makes one of the best sports areas in America and has one of the biggest busiest airports on earth , beautiful and recognizable skyline, glamourous city with plenty of shops, and is a very artsy cultural city.
Bad: City leadership spends more time arguing instead of fixing the city, Mayor Laura Miller, crime, more bad neighborhoods than good, city dosen't feel as friendly as other Texas cities, bad traffic.
In between: the Cowboys, most of the Dallas movie won't be fillmed there (that sucks).

Austin
Good: artsy city, great college town (Hook 'em!!!), one of the safest cities in America.
Bad: none that I really know of
In between: no Pro sports (but apparently that's o.k.). Oh, wait, they have that Arena Football team (really,who cares?).

Fort Worth
Good: Friendly down home atmosphere, one of the safest cities in America, cleaner than Dallas, plenty of land and not over crowded, in a great sports area, Downtown's Sundance Square, the Armed Forces Bowl, great mayor, great police force, and great city leadership.
Bad: the most over shadowed city in the country, small underdeveloped skyline, for those who don't like the small town feel-this city isn't for you.
In between: Texas Motor Speedway (it's not the track itself, it's the the traffic), big city that doesn't feel very big, they film Cops here so much, their might as well be a spin-off called "Funkytown Cops" or "F.W. Law"

El Paso
Good: uh....uhmm.... people don't complain about the city much, and... it's got a great mountain setting and...I'm sure it's a great place to live
Bad: well....the city is like 600 miles away from the other major cities in Texas and... ok, I really don't know much about El Paso, but the city is so far away from the rest of us it feels like E.P. is in New Mexico or something. Sorry El Paso forumers. I'm sure you could get in on this.
In between: ??????????????????

Well, their you go.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:12 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
This is not about superior, this is about DFW posters making hate threads against the Texans because the Texans are doing well. If that is not jealousy I dunno what is
Texans fans are so delusional.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:46 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Texans fans are so delusional.
jealous much??

Old 11-18-2011, 11:01 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,221 times
LOL @ the Cowboys. They have the most delusional fans on Earth. I like the Cowboys but can't stand their fans.

It's about to be a Texans decade though. They have the better ownership and better vision. I think the Cowboys will always have a larger fanbase because of their history but that advantage will shrink real quick if the Texans start having sustained success.

With that being said, I don't see any advantage in having bandwagon fans.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:07 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You contradict yourself
...what?

Old 11-19-2011, 01:08 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I'M not the one talking about which is superior. I was responding to a Texan fan saying how much "superior" the Texans are over the Cowboys.

Even you can't say that.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
LOL @ the Cowboys. They have the most delusional fans on Earth. I like the Cowboys but can't stand their fans.

It's about to be a Texans decade though. They have the better ownership and better vision. I think the Cowboys will always have a larger fanbase because of their history but that advantage will shrink real quick if the Texans start having sustained success.

With that being said, I don't see any advantage in having bandwagon fans.
While I can agree our fans can be delusional, the Cowboys arent close to being the most delusional fanbase in the NFL, much less the world. Not when the Redskins exist. Texas fans are showing they can pretty obnoxious a little bit lately. Who is to say this can't be a Cowboys decade. Were younger, more athletic, and faster at all positions. Oline is getting younger, secondary will be fixed in the next year or so.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:08 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
While I can agree our fans can be delusional, the Cowboys arent close to being the most delusional fanbase in the NFL, much less the world. Not when the Redskins exist. Texas fans are showing they can pretty obnoxious a little bit lately. Who is to say this can't be a Cowboys decade. Were younger, more athletic, and faster at all positions. Oline is getting younger, secondary will be fixed in the next year or so.
Problem is, you have a quarterback with the skill of Trent Dilfer who people overestimate just because he wears the star. Heck, Romo probably isn't even as good as Dilfer.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:09 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
while i can agree our fans can be delusional, the cowboys arent close to being the most delusional fanbase in the nfl, much less the world. Not when the redskins exist. Texas fans are showing they can pretty obnoxious a little bit lately. Who is to say this can't be a cowboys decade. were younger, more athletic, and faster at all positions. Oline is getting younger, secondary will be fixed in the next year or so.
lol. Proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas