Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:17 PM

33 posts, read 55,508 times

Advertisements

Did you move here from Colorado? If so, why?

I see (and read) a lot of threads about people moving from Texas to Colorado, but I am curious how many are doing the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,903,043 times
I did the opposite almost 13 years ago. I moved to Dallas for a job opportunity. We moved back to Denver in June.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
I'm from Colorado Springs, CO. I moved here because my parents are from here as well as the rest of my family, plus i had a girlfriend here at the time. I also liked the fact that it was more "blacks" here, which you really don't see as much in Colorado Springs, or even Denver.

I was excited because coming from C. Springs, Houston gave off the vibe as being a hip, exciting city that saw alot of celebrity activity (while visiting Houston). When i got moved to Houston, i finally started seeing it for what it was. Flat, raggedy in some parts, and kind of dilluted in the activity. I say its dilluted because all the points of interests are so spread out, which makes it difficult to really get a "feel" for this city.

On the flip side, Houston is special. It gives off an international flair that you can't just get anywhere and it has a way of growing on you. I do wish Houston would "show off" a little more. I mean the modesty thing is not really convincing as a World class city. Remember, nice guys finish last. It wouldn't hurt to have some marketable areas.

But progressively, I would put all the TX cities behind Denver Colorado right now.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Last edited by stoneclaw; 12-15-2011 at 11:06 PM..

Old 12-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I did the opposite almost 13 years ago. I moved to Dallas for a job opportunity. We moved back to Denver in June.
What convinced you to go back, if you don't mind my asking?

Was the move to Texas a good one?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I'm from Colorado Springs, CO. I moved here because my parents are from here as well as the rest of my family, plus i had a girlfriend here at the time. I also liked the fact that it was more "blacks" here, which you really don't see as much in Colorado Springs, or even Denver.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)
Being near family is a compelling reason to move for sure. I suppose girlfriends could be too. I actually remember reading many of your posts sometime back.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Default Any others?

Thanks for the responses so far. Any others?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,903,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outflowboundary View Post
What convinced you to go back, if you don't mind my asking?

Was the move to Texas a good one?
Mostly family. We were metaphorically on an island down there with no family nearby. We also missed the mountains and the summertime heat and humidity beat us down.

At the time I made the move it was a good decision. The IT sector was much stronger in DFW than it was along the Front Range. There are still more IT jobs in DFW but Denver's closed the gap a fair amount.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
There may not be too many responses, considering the state motto of Colorado...

If G*d had meant Texans to ski, he'd have made B*S*t white.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:09 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,087,456 times
I moved to Texas from Denver 34 years ago, so I could go to graduate school. After graduating I liked the climate and community of Austin so much I stayed and have no desire to move back up North.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
There may not be too many responses, considering the state motto of Colorado...

If G*d had meant Texans to ski, he'd have made B*S*t white.
I am not sure that your response was necessarily helpful, but it did give me a good chuckle anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: