Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,751,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Dear God, what have I done? Forgive me! Hehe, jk, you'd probably like it here just fine.
I'll give you a holler here if/when I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM

130 posts, read 316,341 times
I'll be moving back north early next year. Texas proved to be a little too rough for me after the month of 100 degree weather and then waking up and having a cockroach in my nose was the final straw. My homesickness is getting too severe and my heart longs for home.

There are some things about Texas that I will certainly miss, I'll miss the good neighborhood I am in that is nice, quiet and peaceful, I'll miss Wolf's chili which is so damn good and the only chili I've ever liked, I'll miss the Texas fall where you have an abundance of trees to where it seems like a snowfall of leaves. Breathtaking.

Bye bye Texas, I appreciate your people who are politely blunt and ever-wiling to take upon a task by themselves. Native Texans are strong, enduring down-to-earth people from what I've seen/experienced.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM

31 posts, read 72,198 times
I plan to leave Texas someday....not quite sure when or how. Until then I do the best I can to make the best of it. There aren't many things I truly HATE about being here, other than the oppressive heat 6+ months out of the year. I have just lived here most of my life and feel like I need a change. Someday...

Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,041,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynamehere View Post
I plan to leave Texas someday....not quite sure when or how. Until then I do the best I can to make the best of it. There aren't many things I truly HATE about being here, other than the oppressive heat 6+ months out of the year. I have just lived here most of my life and feel like I need a change. Someday...
Same here. I abhor the summers. In the spring, I just think about how it's just going to get hotter and hotter. It's nice in the winter but I'm always wishing for snow and usually disappointed. When it does snow, it melts long before I get tired of it. I love Dallas and wish I could drag it north, but since I can't, I plan to move when I'm in a better financial situation.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,650,155 times
Ditto. Me too. The state is changing for the worse and I want to get out before they rename the state to Califortexas.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,010,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I want to get out before they rename the state to Califortexas.
Oh no!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Ditto. Me too. The state is changing for the worse and I want to get out before they rename the state to Califortexas.
Could this possibly be the explanation to the absolutely horrible drivers in Dallas, Austin and Houston??? Hmmm, now that's got me wondering...

Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,700,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittynamehere View Post
Could this possibly be the explanation to the absolutely horrible drivers in Dallas, Austin and Houston??? Hmmm, now that's got me wondering...
That's gotta be it! Because before all these dern California transplants descended on, The Lone Star State, these cities were car accident free. It was an automobile driving utopia!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
That's gotta be it! Because before all these dern California transplants descended on, The Lone Star State, these cities were car accident free. It was an automobile driving utopia!
LMAO!!! I know, I know. It was all in fun. I know it's not the outsiders fault there are horrible drivers here. I am pretty convinced there are horrible drivers everywhere. However, if you find that automobile driving utopia, please send me the location and I will definitely pack up and move there!!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,357,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Hmm, I wasn't going to expose the state that's stealing the remarkable yours truly. But you mentioned automobile driving utopias first, so I can't help it - I'm goin to Fort Collins, CO.

But not just because they've been ranked the safest driving city in the U.S.

Also for the beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas