Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times

Advertisements

A wrong perspective here! Keep Texas boundaries AS IS, and drive the illegals OUT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
A wrong perspective here! Keep Texas boundaries AS IS, and drive the illegals OUT!!
Well, I agree with THAT totally, Lily.

I just thought it would be fun (knowing it will NEVER happen, and SHOULDN'T) to see how proud, native, Texans would divide it up, culturally, if it had to happen.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:25 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
well lily I dont' expect your post to last that long as it will be offensive to some, but a lot of people are in agreement with you--including several Hispanics that are sick and tired of being wrongly associated with the pro-illegal crowd. But it's like the situation in Iraq, many are too scared to speak out.

Nonetheless, Texas.....Texas is a state of mind and one thing she'll never be is the North. Texas has nearly as many cities as stars in the sky as well as distinct regions that will take your breath away.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Hang in there, Lilypad. They're just playing. Rest assured that nothing's going to happen.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:34 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,159 times
East, west, north, south, and central is too much and too confusing. VA and WV are only two to remember. Some people have enough trouble remembering the difference between Washington state and Washington D.C. I would assume that not only native Texans would have a say since not all the leaders Texas has had were born here.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:22 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,287,346 times
While we're on the subject, exactly where IS the boundary for East Texas? I always thought it was around Forney which is about a 15-minute drive east of Dallas. My hubby is from there and you couldn't get any more Southern/East Texas than him. A coworker of mine from Mineola in deep East Texas didn't think so. But very recently I heard an auto commercial on the radio inviting customers to "come on down to Mesquite in East Texas!" Mesquite?? It's an eastern suburb of Dallas but I didn't think it would be far enough east.

I guess maybe it depends who the Texan is.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
gosh if yall ONLY knew what REALLY goes on with USBP and the border war. the things that i have learned and found out, seen first hand, have totally shocked me. if i were to tell what i know, to a show like 60 Minutes, i guarantee there will be an expose, to put light on this subject, that would shock the residents of Texas and this country.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:31 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,657 times
Please don't turn this into a thread on illegal immigration. We have a separate forum for that.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:01 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
In this scenario Houston could be part of a coastal state, one that stretches from the Louisiana border to at least halfway down the coast - including Beaumont, Bryan-College Station, Huntsville, Victoria.

Dallas (or my vote, Fort Worth) could be capital of a NE Texas state extending to the Piney Woods. This would include Tyler, Texarkana, Longview, possibly Waco.

Waco could also go to a Central Texas state which includes Austin and perhaps San Antonio. Or SA could be the capital of a South Texas state going southward and including Brownsville, Laredo and possibly Corpus Christi (if it is not in the coastal state with Houston presumably its capital).

El Paso is not centrally located to be a capital in the traditional sense but if it was the West Texas state's capital it wouldn't be much different from Carson City, Nevada or Cheyenne, Wyoming which are capitals in fairly large states that are near a border. This could include Midland, Odessa, San Angelo.

Then you could have a northwestern Texas state with Amarillo or Lubbock its capital, also comprising Wichita Falls and Abilene.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:23 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
In this scenario Houston could be part of a coastal state, one that stretches from the Louisiana border to at least halfway down the coast - including Beaumont, Bryan-College Station, Huntsville, Victoria.

Dallas (or my vote, Fort Worth) could be capital of a NE Texas state extending to the Piney Woods. This would include Tyler, Texarkana, Longview, possibly Waco.

Waco could also go to a Central Texas state which includes Austin and perhaps San Antonio. Or SA could be the capital of a South Texas state going southward and including Brownsville, Laredo and possibly Corpus Christi (if it is not in the coastal state with Houston presumably its capital).

El Paso is not centrally located to be a capital in the traditional sense but if it was the West Texas state's capital it wouldn't be much different from Carson City, Nevada or Cheyenne, Wyoming which are capitals in fairly large states that are near a border. This could include Midland, Odessa, San Angelo.

Then you could have a northwestern Texas state with Amarillo or Lubbock its capital, also comprising Wichita Falls and Abilene.
Some great rationale there, JFRE. BUT...I would fight tooth and nail over Wichita Falls being included in with a region that also includes Amarillo, Lubbock, or Abilene. Wichita Falls is more north Texas than west. It really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas