Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times

Advertisements

Here's one way Texas is divided right now, roughly speaking...

Last edited by tstone; 02-04-2015 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,509,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Here's one way Texas is divided right now, roughly speaking...
Interestingly enough, this map sorta reflects yours (although I am not saying such is what you had in mind).

http://www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo...on/baptist.gif

The one above as concerns Texas sorta divides the more traditional Bible Belt Anglo/Black protestant areas from the more heavily influenced hispanic Catholic areas.

Anyway, you are right in quite a few ways on this.

I can't wait to try this program out for myself! (although I might be asking for assistance! LOL).

Last edited by TexasReb; 07-01-2008 at 01:11 PM..

Old 07-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
Texas could just invade the surrounding states in a "manifest destiny" style Imperialistic move and pretty much take over the central part of the US. Grabbing up the valuable Gulf Coast regions as well as the bread basket of America, it would instantly be one of the five most powerful nations on Earth.

Zing!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Interestingly enough, this map sorta reflects yours (although I am not saying such is what you had in mind).

http://www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo...on/baptist.gif

Anyway, the one above as concerns Texas sorta divides the more traditional Bible Belt Anglo/Black protestant areas from the more heavily influenced hispanic Catholic areas.

Anyway, you are right in quite a few ways on this.

I can't wait to try this program out for myself! (although I might be asking for assistance! LOL).

Yeah I've posted that map before but wasn't even thinking about it this time! But you can see where on the map I added the word "Mexico," which was more or less the point.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah I've posted that map before but wasn't even thinking about it this time! But you can see where on the map I added the word "Mexico," which was more or less the point.
LOL I didn't catch that initially (Duh!), but see exactly what you mean.

BTW -- can you tell me how to import that map into the paint program in detail? Or exactly what steps need to be taken to do what you and FT did?

I am the worlds biggest idiot when it comes to things like computer graphics and such!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
LOL I didn't catch that initially (Duh!), but see exactly what you mean.

BTW -- can you tell me how to import that map into the paint program in detail? Or exactly what steps need to be taken to do what you and FT did?

I am the worlds biggest idiot when it comes to things like computer graphics and such!

I just saved it, opened Paint then searched for all file types. Opened it up and did my work...

Old 07-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I just saved it, opened Paint then searched for all file types. Opened it up and did my work...
Thanks! I will try that. If not, I will likely DM you...like I already have FT!

Old 07-01-2008, 03:20 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,006,064 times
Don't divide; secede!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Default This might or not might work...!

This might not work as far as the "map" goes, but I am going to try and post it anyway. It MIGHT not even come out...and admittedly even if it DOES, it is extremely lacking as compared to what others have done!

For one thing, (one thing, hell...many! ), I couldn't get color to offset the regions I came up with, much less type in text to caption them.

Cut me some slack though (again, even if it comes out at all!), as it is just my first try at this type thing! LOL

So I wanna see if this works...and assuming it comes up at all, then maybe try and fine-tune it later.

EDIT P.S. -- I tried to copy and paste. It didn't work. Back to the damn drawing board! LOL

Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,840,866 times
Quote:
EDIT P.S. -- I tried to copy and paste. It didn't work. Back to the damn drawing board! LOL
Try going to photobucket.com and creating a free account, upload the picture and they'll give you a link that you can then post on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas