Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times

Advertisements

I shop at HEB, Randall's, Sprouts (though I'm mad at them for taking over and then closing the Sun Harvest on Anderson Lane), Fresh Plus (which will be going into that location), Brookshire Brothers, Central Market, used to shop at Whole Foods but they just don't suit me any longer, went to "big grocery" and stopped dancing with who brung 'em, I know there's someplace I'm missing . . . Oh, and farmers' markets occasionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,223,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I shop at HEB, Randall's, Sprouts (though I'm mad at them for taking over and then closing the Sun Harvest on Anderson Lane), Fresh Plus (which will be going into that location), Brookshire Brothers, Central Market, used to shop at Whole Foods but they just don't suit me any longer, went to "big grocery" and stopped dancing with who brung 'em, I know there's someplace I'm missing . . . Oh, and farmers' markets occasionally.
Do you have farmers markets year round?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
Do you have farmers markets year round?
You bet. The Cedar Park Farms2Market runs each Saturday. They were even open on New Years Eve. I believe the downtown 4th St. Farmers Market is year-round as well.

I'm sure there are others...these are the largest ones I'm familiar with.

Cedar Park Farms to Market

Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
That's the whole point. Distribution channels are NOW being set up with the stores opening in Dallas.
Well, I, for one, would really enjoy having a TJ's here. I always enjoyed shopping there and enjoyed many of their products. But the truth is that it is only a grocery store. There are a lot of other things that concern me more in life, and I can get by just fine with what we have now.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 AM

327 posts, read 766,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Still can't muster any excitement for TJs! I'm a HEB and Central Market person.

But I have had an IN-AND-OUT burger now! Yum! I'm waiting for them to come down (in Dallas already I hear).
I was in SF for a couple of weeks recently and tried In-N-Out... Was not impressed. Five Guys blows them away by a mile. The hamburgers tasted like a healthier alternative to a Wendy's burger. The fries are what took the cake for me. Still, though, I'd prefer FG's Cajun Fries over In-N-Out's any day!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:36 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Trader Joe's has confirmed their first Houston location opening in 2012:

Area's first Trader Joe's to open in The Woodlands - Houston Chronicle

Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 AM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Well, I, for one, would really enjoy having a TJ's here. I always enjoyed shopping there and enjoyed many of their products. But the truth is that it is only a grocery store. There are a lot of other things that concern me more in life, and I can get by just fine with what we have now.
There are lots of other things that concern me more too. But I can still be excited about a grocery store that I love, can't I?

Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
There are lots of other things that concern me more too. But I can still be excited about a grocery store that I love, can't I?
Yes, its always nice looking forward to seeing an old friend.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennibc View Post
there are lots of other things that concern me more too. But i can still be excited about a grocery store that i love, can't i?
Yes!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 AM

1,157 posts, read 2,652,272 times
Actually the distribution channels are now in place in Dallas and Houston. TJs is a partner of Aldi's (or Aldi's invested in the company... something like that) and they now have stores in each market and are using the same distribution channels so here we are. Austin will be a nice pit stop between the two..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas