Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Civil Unions in Texas for gay citizens?
Yes, they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals 74 87.06%
No, they do not deserve the same rights as heterosexuals 11 12.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm going to shoot this thread.
LOL Hell, I would like to, myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Oh hell, HTL, you are ranting and raving and becoming incoherent.

For the UMPTEENTH time, PLEASE SHOW me where I said what you originally claim I said...? You don't have to look up a damn thing for me...but BACK UP what you originally said about my position.

Yeah, yeah, I know there are countries that recognize homosexual marriage. And no, they haven't been struck by plagues yet nor sunk into the ocean! But that doesn't mean those countries (who would get the crap kicked out of them if they ever had to actually militarily defend themselves, but whatever), are those any freedom loving people (as we know it in the history of our country) would want to live in.

Sorry, but any society/nation, that redefines marriage as anything but what it has always been is one that has lost its moral direction. To boot? In every case, in this country, this redefinition is done in spite of the will of the people, rather, by judicial tyranny. But the MAIN point is that if the traditionally recognized definition and acceptance of marriage becomes broadly defined according to new age standards? Then there is absolutely NO reason to think it will stop with that. THAT is some of what I meant earlier by "moral anarchy".
Sorry Reb, you are the one ranting. half a dozen people are calling you out on it right now.

Again show us which one of the 30 or 40 countries who recognizes unions or marriages have gone into moral anarchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
Hi. Conneticut, Washington DC, and New York would like you to know that you are full of crap. Your welcome!

If you get such basic facts wrong, why should anyone listen to anything else you babble about?

The fact of the matter is that your morals are just that, YOURS. You don't get to force them on others.

You are just twisting in the wind, as usual.
I think Reb is doing more than just twisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
And with that last sentence, TexasReb now channels Rick Santorum.

For crying out loud, don't resort to such moronic arguments. Your pet doesn't have legal capacity to consent to marriage (nor does a child or your toaster). Adults have legal capacity (normally).

I think Reb should just resign from the thread.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:29 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
All I can say is keep dreaming of a gay friendly Texas...

This state is way too macho to ever trade their brown leather work boots in for pink faux fur disco boots.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

This state is way too macho to ever trade their brown leather work boots in for pink faux fur disco boots.
dunno what you are talking about. Texas is already Gay friendly.

Houston, DFW, SA, Austin, El Paso, Corpus and some other places = 18M people. The rest is just Oklahoma, New Mexico or small town no where

Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

Dear God! Have you even met a gay person? My work boots are ready to go this weekend, I just took off my trail runners, and my cleats are going on after dinner. Pull your head out, man.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
And with that last sentence, TexasReb now channels Rick Santorum.
What the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
For crying out loud, don't resort to such moronic arguments. Your pet doesn't have legal capacity to consent to marriage (nor does a child or your toaster). Adults have legal capacity (normally).

On the contrary Doc, you can't stand to hear mine because yours are so obviously deflective.

No, "my pet" doesn't have the legal capacity to consent to consent to marriage. BUT...do you honestly idiotic things like this will NOT not come up eventually?. Certainly lowering the age of consent will...NAMBLA sure wants such to become a fact.

Will you stand up and denounce them as a bunch of perverts? Will you state for the record you object to legal marriage being between anything more than two people. Hell, in other words, would you have a problem with legal-age mulitple parter marriage being legal? That is, say, one man and several wives. Or one wife and several husbands? OR...several wives and several husbands? Just say so if so. Or else say no if no!

The blunt fact is, the whole attempt you make at deflection is just that. Deflection. Human history is shot thru with the old one-step-at-a-time manifest.

It is always called "paranoid"....until it becomes a reality. By that time? It is far too late to do anything about it....

Last edited by TexasReb; 01-19-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 04:44 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
dunno what you are talking about. Texas is already Gay friendly.

Houston, DFW, SA, Austin, El Paso, Corpus and some other places = 18M people. The rest is just Oklahoma, New Mexico or small town no where
Uh yeah...you know you live in a gay friendly city when the police raid your gay bars & intentionally or unintentionally roughs up its patrons because they are gay.

I also read where some of the gay men even made advancements on the police officers!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

On the contrary Doc, you can't stand to hear mine because yours are so obviously deflective.
I know it is hard not to take offense, but I honestly don't mean, but your points are beyond stupid. He can't stand your arguments because he is embarrassed that a grown individual would talk such nonsense.

We cool and stuff but you know I always call you out on crap, and these are the stinkiest ones I have heard you drop

Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Sorry Reb, you are the one ranting. half a dozen people are calling you out on it right now.
LMAO again. HTL...you are just digging your hole deeper.

Good gawd...do you HONESTLY think that (even if it is true), that a "half a dozen people" is supposed to impress/intimidate me or something. Who gives a fiddlers damn?

As I think it was, DeToqueville (but maybe somebody else smart said, in effect along the lines of?): If I disagree with one man over a matter of principle...why would I agree with an hundred of them just because they take that persons side.?

Uhhhh, get my drift on this? Put another way? Hell, if you have to depend upon the backing of "half dozen" others to make your point? Hey, good luck. But I am not impressed in the least.

Quote:
Again show us which one of the 30 or 40 countries who recognizes unions or marriages have gone into moral anarchy.
See above on digging your hole deeper. For one thing, I suppose the definition of "moral anarchy" really depends upon whether or not any standard of morality is accepted at all.

For another? Name/list those nation? Thirty or Forty? Again, name them!

Quote:
I think Reb should just resign from the thread.
*grins* I can't really blame you for "thinking" that! Or wishing it....!

Last edited by TexasReb; 01-19-2012 at 05:30 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 05:30 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
I voted in the poll but it was poorly constructed with leading options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas