U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2006, 09:16 PM

6 posts, read 25,263 times

Advertisements

Hi, We are planning a move to the Corinth or Lake Dallas area. We are coming from Houston for a job and of'coarse know nothing of the area! Does anyone know anything about the schools (Denton/Lake Dallas) or the surrounding areas? We are looking for a move that will be good for the whole family. Good schools, low crime...QUIET! Ha Ha! Thanks in advance!
PS-How is Lake Dallas A.K.A.- Lake Lewisville..Good fishing or swimming type of lake?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 04:57 AM

827 posts, read 4,944,671 times
Corinth is a nice little town connected to other towns like Hickory Creek. If I were to pick, I'd pick Corinth or Hickory Creek or Lewisville to live. Denton has a drug problem and is getting very crowded. Denton also has a huge foreign population of Middle Easterns and Asians. Not that anything is wrong with that, but you will not hear English spoken, quite a bit. You might also look at Ponder and Argyle, nice small towns south of Denton going toward Fort Worth. Sanger and Aubrey to the north, are nice little towns. Another choice is Flower Mound, near Lewisville. It is a nice community too but Lewisville and Flower Mound may be too big for you since you said you want a quiet town. Denton sure won't fit your request for a small quiet town. Lake Lewisville is a "boating" lake with a lot of boaters out and about. There is some good white bass and white crappie fishing in the Lake and some largemouths too. I prefer Lake Ray Roberts for fishing but that is me. Lake Lewisville is a good lake for just having fun.

Last edited by Crackerjack; 09-14-2006 at 05:11 AM..

Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 AM

3,494 posts, read 13,923,482 times
agree with crackerjack bout Ponder, Argyle, Sanger, Aubrey-great small towns within proximity to DFW....p.s. great place for steaks and country cookin in Ponder, dont miss it!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:26 AM

121 posts, read 796,337 times
Have to back up Crackerjack on both the recommendations of Sanger and other surrounding towns, as well as the assessment of Lake Lewisville. Lewisville is predominantly a party lake, the fishing there actually isn't bad, but most of the time you'd have to fight through all the skiers, pleasure boaters, etc. to try to do any fishing. Lewisville is also known as one of the most dangerous lakes around Fort Worth and Dallas. Ray Roberts is a much more laid back lake, nowhere near as crowded, has great fishing and has good wide open spaces for pleasure boating. Without getting too boring with a long explanation, Ray Roberts is basically set up so anglers and pleasure boaters can live in harmony

Old 01-16-2007, 04:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,648 times
Default best of luck to ya!

Well,.....Im 27, and have lived in Lake Dallas scince 1981. I suppose that would mean that I know a thing or two about the area. Lets see hear,.... well, Corinth is now the fastest growing city in the state from what im hearing. We have went from a dot on a map, to a full blown city, in about a 5 yr period. Trraffic sucks gowing south on 35e in the morn, and of coarse north on 35e of the eavings. With that in mind, if you move to Corinth, best bet is to look further north for work! Schools here now days im told are pretty good, 4a district, and growing rapidly. Theres also on campus police officers at all times. As far as crime goes, mostly theft. As long as you have a good watch dog, or survalience of your house after dark, you shouldnt have any problems. Last but not least, Lake Lewisville! The lake has its ups and downs about its self. It does hold the deadliest toll record in the nation, but,....... thats because a lot of partys go on around it. Theres even a cove that they call party cove if you have a boat in the summer time. Dont know what kind of music you listen to, but if youve evr heard the country song " Redneck Yaht Club", thats pretty much party cove! The fishing is excellent, as long as you get to know someone who knows the lake pretty well, because theres only certain spots where you can realy hang good ones! Dont know if this helps at all, I was just looking up some history on Lake Lewisville, and saw your "distress call" ! lol Have a good one, and if ever you need a ? answered, shout back at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas