Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,090 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about Amarillo here and everyone says to stay on the S.W. side. I have been searching on realestate sites and found what seems to be interesting ,as far as geography goes, in the Timberlake Canyon and Lake Tanglewood areas. I am also interested in the area around Bishop Hills. I work from home so not worried about commutes. Can anybody tell me about crime in those outlying areas? The home would be uninhabited for several months through the year. I know breaking and entering is a problem in many second home communities, in the mountains of other states nearby. Thanks in advance for any tidbits of info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,090 times
I am editing my recent post to correct the spelling of timberlake to Timbercreek Canyon.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,694 times
I can't claim knowledge of crime rates in any of those areas. I can only claim limited knowledge and my possibly skewed perception of those areas.

None of these areas can really be considered "in town", and even if you did commute they would be no further of a commute than all the folks who live in Canyon and work in Amarillo do every day. In fact I know some people who commute from Timbercreek to NE Amarillo daily.

All three are nice places, however Palisades (kinda between Timbercreek and Tanglewood), not so much.

Don't count out some of the areas between Amarillo and Canyon, or west of Amarillo in Bushland. Both areas have nice houses, very large plots of land, and neighbors that are willing to look out for each other, and keep an eye out for something fishy. You might try looking at Greyhawk and Dove Landing, both south of Amarillo a tiny bit. I know folks in both those developments too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas