Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
That's why he is getting booed. He is the commish of the NFL, not the NFL Owners. Goodell sucks. Bring the draft back to being two days. Much more fun. Btw, the Cowboys pick is a bad one. Kid has skill, but is dumb. Didn't even care to try on the wonderlic (said it himself). Could be a problem later on when he doesnt care to listen to the coach because it won't matter. Jerrah did make a good trade though because he should have had to have given up another late pick, like a fourth.
The pick is bad because he didnt care about a wonderlick test? After NFL gm's and other players told him nobody cares about the results of that test. That was the reason he said he blew off the test. You are reaching. Everybody is giving the Cowboys props for that pick and and that trade. We solidified our secondary for the future. Eagle, giant, and Skins fans know It. And no. The draft Is fine as it is now. People hate change so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
America's Team my tail. They haven't been called that since the 90's. Keep living in the past because it will never get you anyhere in the future.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have won more superbowl champonship rings than the Dallas Cowboys. There are even teams that have broken records Dallas hasn't touched yet.

I heard about as many boos as cheers btw.

What Texas team went to the playoffs last year?

Dallas reminds me of that guy who spends his whole life trying to restore a car he took his highschool sweetheart to prom date in where he got his first score only never to relive those glory days again because the parts to fix it are no longer in production.
Oh Dallas is still called America's Team and I'm glad it annoys you and the rest of the nation. Oh and lol at the playoff remark.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The pick is bad because he didnt care about a wonderlick test? After NFL gm's and other players told him nobody cares about the results of that test. That was the reason he said he blew off the test. You are reaching. Everybody is giving the Cowboys props for that pick and and that trade. We solidified our secondary for the future. Eagle, giant, and Skins fans know It. And no. The draft Is fine as it is now. People hate change so much.
Do you think he is the only player that is told that? I even gave the Cowboys props for the trade (didn't give up much), but he DID get the lowest score on that test in 12 years (he got a 4...the average score is 21). That does cause some concern. I don't think I'm reaching here. It could be a potential problem with him learning the playbook or something, idk. You want a player who will do his best at everything, not only what he thinks is important.

And I should have said I think the pick is bad. Cowboys still need line help and pass rushers over a corner this high.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM

The cowboys was 8th In sacks and 7th against the run. We were 23rd defending the pass. Our secondary has sucked since 2002 and he is the best defensive player in the draft. It was a great pick. A stupid test has no bearing on productivity on the field for dbs according to Bryan d. Lyons. Les Miles said he no problem following directions, developing, and progressing. He was the best DB in the SEC. You're reaching.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:00 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Do you think he is the only player that is told that? I even gave the Cowboys props for the trade (didn't give up much), but he DID get the lowest score on that test in 12 years (he got a 4...the average score is 21). That does cause some concern. I don't think I'm reaching here. It could be a potential problem with him learning the playbook or something, idk. You want a player who will do his best at everything, not only what he thinks is important.

And I should have said I think the pick is bad. Cowboys still need line help and pass rushers over a corner this high.
He did score very low, but I question the validity of the test for judging on-field performance. A.J. Green scored a 10 and Patrick Peterson a 9 last year, two of the five lowest.

Ryan Leaf scored a 27 in prior years.

Ballers gonna ball bruh...

Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times
Recent poll shows fan doesnt consider Dallas cowboys to be their team... Green Bay and the Steeler both beat them. The Boys better ste up there game and start winning some playoff games before they can be considered any body's team..... of course you have to get into a playoff game to win it. Tom Landry and Roger Stauback were America's team this bunch isnt.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Recent poll shows fan doesnt consider Dallas cowboys to be their team... Green Bay and the Steeler both beat them. The Boys better ste up there game and start winning some playoff games before they can be considered any body's team..... of course you have to get into a playoff game to win it. Tom Landry and Roger Stauback were America's team this bunch isnt.
Not according to harris interactive poll.
Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > Dallas Cowboys are Again America
Besides, its just a nickname. Pittsburgh and GB has their own nicknames.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
He did score very low, but I question the validity of the test for judging on-field performance. A.J. Green scored a 10 and Patrick Peterson a 9 last year, two of the five lowest.

Ryan Leaf scored a 27 in prior years.

Ballers gonna ball bruh...
Ill say this bruh, there is a difference between trying and failing and failing because you didn't care. The most important time of Claiborne's life and he blows off portions of the combine process. Sorry, but thats a red flag.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Quote:
Ill say this bruh, there is a difference between trying and failing and failing because you didn't care. The most important time of Claiborne's life and he blows off portions of the combine process. Sorry, but thats a red flag.
I'll say this back, his progress will be interesting to follow. Since such a big deal has been made over Wonderlic.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
I'll say this back, his progress will be interesting to follow. Since such a big deal has been made over Wonderlic.
The guy has a learning disability. People are saying that he claims he blew the test off because he didn't understand the questions. He is just trying to save face. I really don't think a CB needs to be too smart. I don't think Victor Cruz has to be able to outsmart the Crygirls DB's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: