Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I really can't see Mexican americans in my state voting for a non/mex amer politician, but we'll see. There is precedent of course. The governors of New Mexico and Nevada (although he denies his heritage) are both Hispanic Repblicans of mex descent. Ted Cruz is currently running for Atty General here in Tex, although he is of cuban descent, not mex.
Well the Hispanics did come out for Obama. They came out in big numbers and he got something like 78% of the hispanic vote

Quote:
You are right about the Clintons being well liked by the mex americans here in Tex. When Hillary came to town in San Antonio in 2008, there was a very obvious preference for her over Obama among mex americans.
I was there. Although I hate the witch I somehow ended up being part of her staff so I had up close access to her. OMG she looks so different up close. I guess camera tricks and make up works wonders. No wonder it was so hard taking pictures with her. We only got three

Obama's was more personable. After his talk he went round and round the crowd. It was so much easier getting a pic with him, and we were not even on his staff. Hillary never went into the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I agree.

And....some of us DO hold our noses and vote for someone we don't really like all that much, but consider it a far lesser evil than the status quo.

I'm going to have to hold mine big time, just like I did in 2008.
You didn't like McCain??? I thought he was an okay guy. He was a War hero and of good character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

You didn't like McCain??? I thought he was an okay guy. He was a War hero and of good character.
I cut him a LOT of slack because of that. But he was a very mixed bag, even though I would have been OK with him at the helm.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Oh, I do hope that there be many such bigots amongst Texas Republicans!
So bigotry is alive and well in Delaware, too, I see.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:

I'm going to have to hold mine big time, just like I did in 2008.
I know that feeling. I had to do just that with John Kerry in 2004. Didnt really like him, but (in my mind) was the least worst.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I cut him a LOT of slack because of that. But he was a very mixed bag, even though I would have been OK with him at the helm.
You didn't like the senility and the 7 houses huh?

I will tell you one thing he was a lot less boring than Romney.
I loved the debates. He always looked so angry. I was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see if he was gonna backhand Obama Politics has become such an entertaining spectacle.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
You didn't like the senility and the 7 houses huh?

I will tell you one thing he was a lot less boring than Romney.
I loved the debates. He always looked so angry. I was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see if he was gonna backhand Obama Politics has become such an entertaining spectacle.
LOL!! Oh, don't we wish......

No, it was other issues that were happening at the time. The only one I can really remember now (I've slept since then ) was that he was waaay too soft on illegal immigration.

So were both Bushes, for that matter.

I am NOT at all excited about what's coming up in November at this point, and I don't see that changing. In fact, I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that there may be no change in the status quo. But I intend to do my part, as always, and get out and VOTE.

Back to the nose-holding. But truth be told, I have not been excited about any elections since 1984.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
LOL!! Oh, don't we wish......

No, it was other issues that were happening at the time. The only one I can really remember now (I've slept since then ) was that he was waaay too soft on illegal immigration.

So were both Bushes, for that matter.

I am NOT at all excited about what's coming up in November at this point, and I don't see that changing. In fact, I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that there may be no change in the status quo. But I intend to do my part, as always, and get out and VOTE.

Back to the nose-holding. But truth be told, I have not been excited about any elections since 1984.
What's Romney's stance on Immigration? I didn't get much from this years primaries in terms of candidate positions. It was either tons of person attacks or a variety of shifting positions.

I guess they will give Romney a good shake at one of Presidential debates and see what comes up this time.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
What's Romney's stance on Immigration? I didn't get much from this years primaries in terms of candidate positions. It was either tons of person attacks or a variety of shifting positions.
The problem is that nobody really knows what Romney's stance is on anything. His record as Gov. Romney is different than what he has been saying during the Republican primaries.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
The problem is that nobody really knows what Romney's stance is on anything. His record as Gov. Romney is different than what he has been saying during the Republican primaries.
lol, he was for Gay Marriage as Gov'ner cause duh he was in Mass, running in 08 his platform was anti gay marriage when every one was concerned with economy Mamma Mia

He Passed RomneyCare Before he was against it (Remind you of someone else from Massachusetts???)

I think people Like Romney, Al Gore, and a host of others only run for President because Daddy did it too. Like they have some unfinished business.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM

220 posts, read 454,006 times
I'm voting Ron Paul in the primary if for no other reason to show that I am not eagerly going to accept whatever leftovers the national Republican party wants to foist onto us. I think most Texans should vote anyone but Romney in the primary to send the same message. I can't see any gun owning Texas being happy with Romney.

In November you can always vote the lesser of two evils if you so choose, but the primary should be where you vote to send a message.

If Romney loses Texas in November he has no one to blame but himself for being such a terrible candidate. I'd also blame all the people who supported him in the primary on the false claim that the biggest liar on the Republican side was somehow the most electable.

All the proof of his lying is in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwrB1vu74c

Last edited by John26; 05-01-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas