Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 AM

159 posts, read 350,851 times

Advertisements

Is there Many Truck jobs to the south and SW of San Antonio or R most way up around Midland?Odessa ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 09:16 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyz View Post
Is there Many Truck jobs to the south and SW of San Antonio or R most way up around Midland?Odessa ??
San Antonio is experiencing it's own oil boom.

Eagle Ford Shale News, Geology & Companies

Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 AM

81 posts, read 124,729 times
I am looking at go to school for my CDL, as I have read in the previous posts it seems like going to school, and knocking on doors after graduation is a pretty good option. I am a single 22yo male with a clean motor vehicle record, for me the more hours the better. Still pretty plentiful for drivers down there?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM

98 posts, read 341,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizen View Post
I am looking at go to school for my CDL, as I have read in the previous posts it seems like going to school, and knocking on doors after graduation is a pretty good option. I am a single 22yo male with a clean motor vehicle record, for me the more hours the better. Still pretty plentiful for drivers down there?
Yes, you wont be knocking for long if your mvr is what you say it is good luck knocking on doors is the best option imo.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 20,494 times
Default green carder hiring entry level job in oil industry texas

i everybody, i'm new on the forum and i read your answer about entry level oil jobs in texa. and what draw my attention is the fact, right now i'm living in africa west africa cote d'ivoire but i have been selected in the diversity visa program and while processing for the green card i trying yo get a plan for when i will arrive in usa since it is very important for me to know what to do there. i read that there is some well paid entry level jobs requiring no experience or some little things. that is why i'm posting here to ask a few questions:

1: is it real that there are some jobs in the oil industry that i can hire for without any experience in the field?
2: which country are the best for you for a newcomer like me to hire for a jobs in termes of wages, housing, commodities and life level. can you range them in order of preference
3 which compagny are the best for beginner

thanks for your help hope i will find some one to help me out here thanks in advance

Old 10-01-2012, 05:50 AM

14 posts, read 20,595 times
Any suggestions for specific comapnies for a Class A Driver with HAZMAT, Tanker endorsement with little experience? I do have my PEC, H2S Instructor, TWIC, Red Cross AED, CPR, First Aid Instructor, Fork Lift and Boom license, 510 Safety, DOT Physical Long Form all done? My experience has been mostly warehouse, procurement, city service, building, road maintenance. Will relocate and get an RV Trailer.
Saw a Youtube video of a "Hotshot" in North Dakota. Apparently doing $25 an hour with all the OT he wants; anything like that here in Texas?

Old 10-09-2012, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 12,536 times
I live in Southern California but looking to relocate for work to Texas. Ive had my CDL for 7 years and have all my endorsements CDL CLASS A tanker, hazmat, DBL, TRPLS, TWIC Card. I drove for 2 years in Iraq as a Contractor getting shot at daily driving outside the wire. Now unemployed and can't find work here in California to pay my mortgage. Need help !!! any info would be appreciated.....

Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 12,536 times
even though I have had my CDL for 7 years Id be interested in any entry level jobs on oil rigs for chance to make allot better money and a better chance for advancement than having my Class A can get. Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated. God bless and good luck to you all in your searches for work.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXPAT View Post
Any suggestions for specific comapnies for a Class A Driver with HAZMAT, Tanker endorsement with little experience? I do have my PEC, H2S Instructor, TWIC, Red Cross AED, CPR, First Aid Instructor, Fork Lift and Boom license, 510 Safety, DOT Physical Long Form all done? My experience has been mostly warehouse, procurement, city service, building, road maintenance. Will relocate and get an RV Trailer.
Saw a Youtube video of a "Hotshot" in North Dakota. Apparently doing $25 an hour with all the OT he wants; anything like that here in Texas?
You're over qualified...j/k.

The only reason a person with a Class A w/Tanker, Hazmat, and experience doesn't have a job in Texas...they simply just don't want one. I doubt very seriously that it would take you more than a week to secure a job in Midland/Odessa. I was fresh out of CDL school and hadn't even made my background check appointment and I landed a job hauling fuel my first week looking. Anyhow, North Dakota generally pays about $5.00/hr more due to the extreme conditions. Now some drivers will work ND during the Spring & Summer months and then Texas during the Fall & Winter. Anyways, my best advice would be to apply for crude hauler either direction you choose. Crude haulers tend to start out higher, $50-70k or more working nights. The cool thing about crude hauling is you make decent money and generally only work 10-12 hr shifts...you can Voulenteer to work other people's absent/vacation shifts as well.

Here is a general search for crude jobs.

Crude Oil Truck Driver Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com

Old 10-11-2012, 02:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Does the CDL and driver jobs require drug tests? I have a friend who because of being a 'weed enthusiast' has lost a couple jobs and is looking for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas