Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,075,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Have tried to like In-N-Out, like their philosophy as a company and the cleanliness and freshness of the ingredients, the excellent employees. But, I simply don't care for the burger that much. Sorry. Of the fast food burgers available here, Whataburger is still the king, Wendy's second.... I even prefer a Big Mac and a Whopper to the In-N-Out burger.

It is above Jack In the Box in my line up, but that ain't sayin' much....
Ooh, ouch....every post you've ever made is now suspect after that rant....

But really!? A Big Mac? Wendy's is atrocious, BK inedible, Whataburger is passable if you cancel mustard, which does not belong anywhere close to a burger...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 08:43 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,562,747 times
No mustard on a burger??? That sir/ma'am is blasphemous. The emulsion known as mayonnaise shall forever stay off my hamburguesa.

Other than that totally agree with your post. How anyone thinks Wendy's and a big Mac is better than In n Out is beyond my brains comprehension capabilities.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
No mustard on a burger??? That sir/ma'am is blasphemous. The emulsion known as mayonnaise shall forever stay off my hamburguesa.

Other than that totally agree with your post. How anyone thinks Wendy's and a big Mac is better than In n Out is beyond my brains comprehension capabilities.

I will let that slide since you are obviously a real Texan.

I will leave you with a relatively recent visit to the So7th In-N-Out in Ft Worth.....and see Wendys parking lot directly next door in shot #2

Sad....and they have the "No In-N-Out Burger Parking" sign, they may actually want to rethink that, activity breeds activity...

Old 09-28-2013, 10:02 PM

802 posts, read 980,774 times
i must admit that the whataburger green chile double i had in amarillo was one of the biggest, best $6 burgers I've ever had. no telling where the green chiles came from, though. now, if they could just do a slopper....

Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,784,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsrus View Post
i must admit that the whataburger green chile double i had in amarillo was one of the biggest, best $6 burgers I've ever had. no telling where the green chiles came from, though. now, if they could just do a slopper....
That's good to hear, the one I had in Dallas was horrible.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:11 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,925,964 times
I used to eat Bob's Big Boy Burgers back in the day...I could not even describe it now. I do remember that WB was so much better back in the day. the Burger was larger and the meat grilled to prefection.

Everthing changes. There used to be a small joint on the deep southside. The Santa Fe. The used to have massive burgers as big as a 55 chevy hubcap.

I much rather find a small joint with a greasy grill burger.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,818,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Ooh, ouch....every post you've ever made is now suspect after that rant....

But really!? A Big Mac? Wendy's is atrocious, BK inedible, Whataburger is passable if you cancel mustard, which does not belong anywhere close to a burger...
Funny, mustard is my favorite condiment on a burger.... Guess that's why I like Whataburger so much better. The sauce and the two slices of cheese is what does me in on the In-N-Out. Sauce too sweet and the cheese just too much. Maybe if I got a double/single (is that the correct way to order it? Two slices of beef but just one slice of cheese?) I would like it better.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Funny, mustard is my favorite condiment on a burger.... Guess that's why I like Whataburger so much better. The sauce and the two slices of cheese is what does me in on the In-N-Out. Sauce too sweet and the cheese just too much. Maybe if I got a double/single (is that the correct way to order it? Two slices of beef but just one slice of cheese?) I would like it better.
The mustard burger is a Texas thing. Now at in n out you can get a double animal style, which the patties are cooked with mustard.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,678,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by &heart View Post
The way you Californians feel about In n out is how Texans feel about Whataburger.
pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
To the OP...you're a brave soul. Now, prepare yourself for the onslaught of one-million Texans. p.s. you'll probably get at least one, "if you don't like it, then get out!"....and other jabs directed toward your state. I pray i'm wrong, but history tells me otherwise.
hahaha. that was great. I think In n out tastes good because of the toppings, not the patty. You need to go to a non fast food joint to see what Texas BBQ is about.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:16 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,818,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The mustard burger is a Texas thing. Now at in n out you can get a double animal style, which the patties are cooked with mustard.
Well, I'm a Georgia native. Must be a southern thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas