Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 12:42 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I was stuck in line behind the ONE car in front of me for over 6 minutes by their clock. That car got two regular-sized bags of food - I had figured they'd ordered for a soccer team or something.
Six minutes, that's it?? Here in LA it takes me nearly a half hour to get an in and out burger on a weekend night. Sometimes longer. Californians think In and Out is the best thing ever created on gods green earth, yet there's never a line a far better burger joint; Fatburger.
Sometimes I think Californians just live off hype, trends and the majesty that once was CA.

When I first had in and out, I thought the quality was really good for a fast food chain. But I never thought it was better than some of the joints out in Texas like Becks Prime.
But tell that to a Californian and they'll think you're a jealous hater who doesn't get it. But the whole In and Out thing is microcosm of the whole CA mentality that feels insulted when people don't consider it the best. Many texans don't because while I still acknowledge that CA is a more beautiful dynamic state, I didn't come from a Podunk state either. I came from a flourishing comparable state that boasts a developing economy that's outpacing CA. I'm not gonna be bow at the feet impressed with everything Californian. I'm not blindly patriotic to Texas I know it's not CA. I know CA overall is better quality but the gap between the two states had shrunk to the point where I'm mostly like, that's cool, we have something like they back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:36 PM

657 posts, read 739,660 times
California is cool if you are a millionaire who doesnt work.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:26 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Both are lardass,fast food crap.
This right here.

The best burgers don't come from a place with a drive-through.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:27 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
There are In and Outs (sp?) in Texas too. I was in one in Dallas but didn't eat there. I actually just got a job at Whataburger, and I've eaten there before. Whataburger is delicious so if this "In and Out" is actually better, it must be heaven.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
There are In and Outs (sp?) in Texas too. I was in one in Dallas but didn't eat there. I actually just got a job at Whataburger, and I've eaten there before. Whataburger is delicious so if this "In and Out" is actually better, it must be heaven.
It's not.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:23 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,819,998 times
Braum's need to move to Austin, Houston, and SA.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM

144 posts, read 196,483 times
Default I've Had Both and....

Although I DO agree that Whataburgers are not consistent.... some are great, some are not..... I was sooooo unimpressed and let down by In-N Out when they opened here in Austin...... I'll take Dan's Hamburgers, Burger-Tex or Phil's Ice House ANY day over either...

Old 09-25-2015, 04:22 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by versionmanager View Post

In N Outs are, sadly better than Whataburgers now. Might not have been the case in the old days. Burgers were huge and inputs were top notch. Fuddruckers kicked ass back then too!

The Town I was born in matured into a City!
When Whataburger went corporate (i.e., the bean-counters got control of the menu, early to mid-80s) is when the quality hit the skids. Same thing for Fuddrucker's. When they started out, a single Fuddrucker's burger could swallow a medium-size California city all by itself. Now a Fuddrucker's burger is about the size of an In-N-Out, and you have to build most of it yourself.

Same thing for Schlotzsky's in the 1970s...back then, it was a completely different, utterly unique sandwich on fresh-baked bread that was so big it would leave anyone trying to eat the whole thing writhing in pain on the floor. Then, once you were on the floor, the sandwich would kick you in the berries and shout: "You still wanna piece of me, Jack?" The 1975-era Schlotzsky gave no quarter and took no prisoners...to be able to say you ate a whole 70s-era Schlotzsky was a quite an achievement. Then the bean-counters got hold of the menu, and Schlotzsky's started its inevitable slide into sandwich mediocrity.

The result, alas, is the half-hearted offerings they are serving up today. There aren't many food enterprises that can maintain the level of food quality on which their reputations were built over the long term.

So Whataburger ain't what it used to be. Neither are Fuddrucker's or Schlotzsky's.

In-N-Out is a serviceable, if not spectacular fast-food burger, at least for the time being, but their quality will inevitably tumble downward as time goes on. (They'll never be able to replicate the Fuddrucker's mystique from the 70s and 80s, of course.) Enjoy them while the quality lasts, because they will have no immunity to bean-counter-induced mediocrity.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:34 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Braum's need to move to Austin, Houston, and SA.
that wont happen cuz Braums has a corporate policy that it wont have any locations outside of a 300 mile radius of Tuttle,Oklahoma.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:25 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
I really want to prefer Whataburger to In-N-Out because Whataburger was founded in Texas and In-N-Out was founded in California. I just can't do it. In-N-Out's hamburgers/cheeseburgers taste better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas