Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that Houston doesn't put huge logos on their buildings like we do. Is there a reason for that?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
You still don't get it. The comments you made about the Houston posters was uncalled for, regardless of your reason for saying it. I'm not going to sit here and bicker with you about it, though.

It would be nice, for once, to have a thread concerning both cities that doesn't end in battle. New thread; new day, dallasboi. Pretend no arguments had ever happened before.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM

Perot Museum Of Nature & Science - YouTube

Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I've noticed that Houston doesn't put huge logos on their buildings like we do. Is there a reason for that?
I noticed that too.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Houston (of all cities) has an ordinance against putting signs over a certain height on its buildings.

Continental was an exception because its blue & white logo was projected onto the roof at night & off during the daylight hours.

You'll notice cities like Dallas, Los Angeles, & NYC have corporate logos plastered all over their buildings.

Chicago doesn't do it though.

I personally think it ruins the architecture of a great building.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 06-04-2012 at 10:06 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I noticed that too.
They recently added signage to the Chase Tower in Dallas.

Pics I found on the internet

Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7088/7...e1a6f5af_z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2E6hS.jpg

Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston (of all cities) has an ordinance against putting signs over a certain height on its buildings.

Continental was an exception because its blue & white logo was projected onto the roof at night & off during the daylight hours.

You'll notice cities like Dallas, Los Angeles, & NYC have corporate logos plastered all over their buildings.

Chicago doesn't do it though.

I personally think it ruins the architecture of a great building.
Which you have to admit is odd for a city that has such lax restrictions on seemingly everything else. Houston picks some of the most random things to be uptight about.

I personally like the added touch of signage (not so much logos) on buildings. It just does something for me.

http://www.atlantaarchitecture.info/...ilding-002.jpg

http://abestworld.com/wp-content/upl...ing-Tokyo-.jpg

Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Which you have to admit is odd for a city that has such lax restrictions on seemingly everything else. Houston picks some of the most random things to be uptight about.

I personally like the added touch of signage (not so much logos) on buildings. It just does something for me.

http://www.atlantaarchitecture.info/...ilding-002.jpg

http://abestworld.com/wp-content/upl...ing-Tokyo-.jpg
Mayor White supposedly signed a city wide law banning billboards along freeways & old ones be taken down. I don't know if it did any good or if they even enforce it anymore.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:43 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
I just want to say maybe MAYBE we discuss this in a mature manner. But with that said I haven't been to DFW since late 08/early 09. I've always said bar none Houston had the best skylines in Texas. Btw, I live in Houston and don't plan on moving anywhere else in the state. However I drove into Dallas this friday night on 45 and was amazed how different Dallas skyline looks from the last time I been to the city. I mean, I always thought Dallas had Houston beat at night but overrall Houston had the better skyline but DAMN! Dallas just took a huge dump with it's new developments. I've seen so many pictures of the new projects Dallas have put up but to see it in person. It's awhole different feeling. I know there's plenty of Dallas vs. Houston threads. Trust me I still pick Houston over Dallas for me, however I felt a little jealous to see the architecture Dallas buildings have over Houston. It's as if Dallas knows the importance of image and are pushing the envelope of architecture in Texas whereas Houston is just building buildings w/ no artistic soul. And it hurts me to say this because I've always picked Houston over Dallas,lol. I tip my hat off to the city of Dallas.
It's not that serious. Dallas' downtown still looks like a mini-Houston.

They still don't have an Uptown skyline like ours or anything to compete even with TMC's skyline.

There's nothing that blows you out of the water. Look, after driving for hours and seeing nothing but grass, trees and the occasional cow...Dallas will look impressive.

I enjoy Dallas when I visit for sure...but am always glad to come back to big ole Houston.

LOL.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
It's not that serious. Dallas' downtown still looks like a mini-Houston.

They still don't have an Uptown skyline like ours or anything to compete even with TMC's skyline.

There's nothing that blows you out of the water. Look, after driving for hours and seeing nothing but grass, trees and the occasional cow...Dallas will look impressive.

LOL.
When was the last time you were in Dallas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas