Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
I think this back and forth between Houston and Dallas has spread to the newspapers now. Although I remember a Ft. Worth writer wrote some not so pleasant things at the beginning of last year when comparing the Texans and Cowboys and we all know how that worked out.

Houston versus Dallas - Houston Chronicle
Oh, you gotta love the response from Dallas. LOL I love the caption they put under the main photo. So Dallas of us.

Article About How Much Better Houston is Than Dallas Neglects to Mention Houston is the ******* of the Universe - Dallas News - Unfair Park

Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Oh, you gotta love the response from Dallas. LOL I love the caption they put under the main photo. So Dallas of us.

Article About How Much Better Houston is Than Dallas Neglects to Mention Houston is the ******* of the Universe - Dallas News - Unfair Park
So Dallas of HIM. Don't know how many times I have to remind you that you're not from there.

But wow. That writer was damn pressed. If Dallas was truly the Dallas they expect everyone to believe they are, then they would have been "too good" to respond. How did he even find the article?

I rest my case, marco. Some Big D folks are just as petty as some Houstonians.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
So Dallas of HIM. Don't know how many times I have to remind you that you're not from there.

But wow. That writer was damn pressed. If Dallas was truly the Dallas they expect everyone to believe they are, then they would have been "too good" to respond. How did he even find the article?

Why do you always get offended when Dallasites defend Dallas.Almost in every instance its always in response to something said by a houstonian FIRST...These articles are a perfect example....Houston put out an article FIRST...you so busy tryna point the finger at us it causes you to forget that....

Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Hello...where is everybody.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:22 PM

875 posts, read 1,661,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Hello...where is everybody.
Letting this stuff rest...which is good. Alot of yall are saying the same thing over and over. I think most of us has covered almost every flaw of each city. Its starting to get very old and childish.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:02 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:

You keep reminding and I keep ignoring. I am a registered voter in the city of Dallas. I am a Dallasite and proud of it. Deal with it.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:07 PM

410 posts, read 342,225 times
Quote:

Houston has a serious inferiority complex.

Maybe because of the beauty of Dallas as shown in the New Dallas TV series opening credits?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4dm...e_gdata_player

Old 06-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
You keep reminding and I keep ignoring. I am a registered voter in the city of Dallas. I am a Dallasite and proud of it. Deal with it.
Of course you're a Dallasite, but you talk as if you're from there. You don't have enough history there to have some sort of identity attached to it. It reminds me of those people you hear about who move to New York and pick up a fake accent.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
Houston has a serious inferiority complex.

Maybe because of the beauty of Dallas as shown in the New Dallas TV series opening credits?

Dallas (2012) Opening Credits (unfinished early version) - YouTube
What's funny is that they're clearly making a mockery of the city, but no one will admit it. Not seeing any shots of DART, Uptown, or the Arts District ; just cow pastures and oil derricks that are likely located hundreds of miles outside of the area.

But, yes, Houston is jealous because we're not being attached to decades old stereotypes on national television.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
What's funny is that they're clearly making a mockery of the city, but no one will admit it. Not seeing any shots of DART, Uptown, or the Arts District ; just cow pastures and oil derricks that are likely located hundreds of miles outside of the area.

But, yes, Houston is jealous because we're not being attached to decades old stereotypes on national television.
That isn't the real opening credits. The new one shows shots of DART, the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas