Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 AM

563 posts, read 910,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
You're right. This is pointless and I have probably lost valuable minutes of my life contributing. I'm out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
^ Rep. So true.

I don't think there are people from two other cities in the nation more bent on one-upping each other than those in Dallas and Houston. It's crazy.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Lol...I just engage to make the site interesting....

Old 06-11-2012, 12:39 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
I'll say this though. Discovery Green is a hit. Even people from the Northern older cities give Houston props on that park.

I'm just excited to see both of the prime Texas cities get better in urbanity and vibrancy.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
More Public Domain images:

Uptown:

Greenway Plaza:
Ok where are the people in these pics??....The topic is vibrancy..The OP said that this is not a skyline thread.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 AM

6,689 posts, read 9,935,924 times

Cityplace Public Art Installation - YouTube

Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 PM

229 posts, read 304,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Houston's Downtown is better than Dallas'. Dallas' uptown is better than Houston's.
Houston's downtown used to be better than Dallas' downtown, but that is no longer true. Dallas downtown has changed rapidly in the last few years. Houston's downtown did have momentum, but that stalled a few years back.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
More Public Domain images:

Uptown:

Greenway Plaza:

Wow, look at all the people, I mean person, in those photos. What vibrancy.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:23 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarn View Post
Houston's downtown used to be better than Dallas' downtown, but that is no longer true. Dallas downtown has changed rapidly in the last few years. Houston's downtown did have momentum, but that stalled a few years back.
what exactly lost momentum? Are you talking since the recession? Because Dallas experienced the same thing. Yes, downtown Dallas redrew its boundaries but what really has changed? What momentum was actually lost in downtown Houston in the last few years?

Are you talking about when the Houston Pavilions was constructed, or the opening of Discovery Green which added 2 restaurants along with many events going on in the park by itself? Or when the new Embassy Suites opened up right in front of the lawn of Discovery Green Park. Or maybe you might be speaking of the new Phoenicia grocery store opening up last November right below One Park place? Or the 2 new office towers: MainPlace and Hess? Or the current Dynamo Stadium development along with the new light rail line opening along?

If you think about it, all the stuff that downtown Houston has done in the last 4-5 years alone is keeping in pace with what downtown Dallas has done (minus the big fancy bridges)

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
what exactly lost momentum? Are you talking since the recession? Because Dallas experienced the same thing. Yes, downtown Dallas redrew its boundaries but what really has changed? What momentum was actually lost in downtown Houston in the last few years?

Are you talking about when the Houston Pavilions was constructed, or the opening of Discovery Green which added 2 restaurants along with many events going on in the park by itself? Or when the new Embassy Suites opened up right in front of the lawn of Discovery Green Park. Or maybe you might be speaking of the new Phoenicia grocery store opening up last November right below One Park place? Or the 2 new office towers: MainPlace and Hess? Or the current Dynamo Stadium development along with the new light rail line opening along?

If you think about it, all the stuff that downtown Houston has done in the last 4-5 years alone is keeping in pace with what downtown Dallas has done (minus the big fancy bridges)

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Have they created any new housing in downtown Houston recently? I thought Houston Pavilions was not doing well. Haven't most of the clubs and restaurants that sprang up a few years back closed down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas