Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:15 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,542,866 times

Advertisements

Are these retirees flocking to SA from California? Or white collar people that are still working? Or blue collar types? Makes a big difference in the atmosphere.
Very interesting....but why SA? I would think it would be Austin if they are techies, and Houston if they are still working and are anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 11:15 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,028,285 times
If you would read and keep up of whats going on in San Antonio, you wouldn't have to ask the question. The city is just booming off the charts. Like the old saying every dogs has it day and this is SA day. Plus their are a lot of neighborhoods in SA that looks like SOCAL

Old 09-29-2007, 11:31 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,542,866 times
I did find this, but no mention of S.A.
http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...l?surround=lfn

Says, Chicago #1, followed by Houston then Austin.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:46 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,277,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I'd get one of those 'Native Texan' license plates but they don't mean anything since you don't have to prove you were born here to get one:

Main page:
Native Texan (Daughters Of The Republic Of Texas)

Application:
http://www.dot.state.tx.us/txdotefor...vletConfig.xml

...Unlike that episode of King of the Hill where Hank Hill needed his birth certificate to get the license plate and found out he was born in New York City and hence could not get the plate, ANYBODY can get one here. I think that's stupid. My bf had to prove he had been honorably discharged from the US Marine Corps before he could get his specialty armed forces plate.
I saw that episode, too, and took it for granted that it would be true. That ain't right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt2le View Post
I hear that Plano is full of yankees but that could be anybody from north of Oklahoma - LOL!
I used to know this ol' boy from Louisiana that liked to say that anyone north of the Red River was a yankee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Plus their are a lot of neighborhoods in SA that looks like SOCAL
That's a crying shame! I'd hate to see Texas lose it's distinctiveness and parts of it surely are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas