Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 11,614 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to College Station for work. I have to be there in August. I am working with a pretty limited salary and no relocation assistance. I am looking around with locators. I am interested in a couple of places, two are Doubletree Condominiums and Tower Park. At Doubletree, I still have to pay utilities and at Tower Park they are included. I am taking a small dog (4.8 lbs.) with me so I need somewhere that accepts pets. Could anyone give me some feedback/reviews for the two places above listed and/or suggest some other places? I don't necessarily want to live in a heavy student populated complex but will if necessary, I just don't want my dog going crazy while I'm gone. Also, how are utilities in the area. I know here in Indiana you can choose to go on a budget plan, is that available in Bryan/College Station? Thanks for any help you can give me, I GREATLY appreciate it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 PM

42 posts, read 177,475 times
Hey there,

I wouldn't live in Tower Point. It has had a lot of crime issues and has undergone several management changes over the last several years. There was also a fire there earlier this year. I have never heard of DoubleTree so I don't know what to tell you. A few other places that are fairly inexpensive I can tell you is Anderson Place, Hunters Point, and Briarwood.

I lived in Briarwood for a year and it was pretty nice. The location is great and the apartments are a good size (especially the bedrooms). The electricity in that complex is divided equally among all the residents, so that really helped keep the price low.

As far as your other questions about the utilities, I am unsure. I sent you a PM with a link.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 PM

7 posts, read 31,330 times
There are a ton of apartment complexes in Bryan/College Station. The whole place is overbuilt, so you should not have trouble finding affordable housing. A good bet right now is actually to check Craigslist for College Station -- a lot of apartment complexes and private landlords are using it to advertise. I would also widen the search to include duplexes since the cost of living here is so low.

As far as utilities, Bryan is going to usually be cheaper. Actually, Bryan is cheaper than College Station in almost every way. You will encounter folks here who say they will not live in Bryan for one reason or another, but the two towns are attached and there is really little difference besides not having to deal with as many undergrads if you live in Bryan.

Also - avoid Tower Park. I lived there for one summer in its previous incarnation as Viking and it sucked. Terrible.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Viking apartments was one of the worst complexes in town 5 years ago and it's no surprise they changed their name.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 18,299 times
I have been contacted about a job in College Station. It's at a nursing home, but I'm not able to locate a nursing home in College Station. Does anyone know the name, or anything about it? Also, are there RV parks in the area?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:06 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's an RV park north of TX world speedway, south of hwy 40 exit (former Greens Prairie exit), on the east side of hwy 6.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,327 times
Default Nursing Homes in College Station

There are actually several nursing homes in College Station. We have a large population of retiring Aggies. Bryan and College Station both have a variety of facilities offering assisted living to full service care. Rock Prairie Road in College Station has two facilities.

We have the RV park previously mentioned and there is also another at the corner of 2818 and Jones Butler.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and how I can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas