Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 12:06 AM

14 posts, read 32,834 times

Advertisements

Im thinking San Angelo. Low budget , but safe(yeah, I know).

No wife. No kids. No pets. Still single and still like to have fun and watch sports.

All ideas welcome. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 09:22 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,939,539 times
San Angelo would be a good place (I live here), I'm retired from the military, but still working on base.

It's not a great city if you're anticipating moving into the dating scene at any time in the near future, though. I have friend who has not had a great deal of luck here. Women are either separated/divorced with kids (some from multiple fathers), or with obvious reasons why they're unattached.

He (my friend) had high standards... but as time goes on, they are slipping, of course (to reality in my opinion... because, after all, we generally think well of ourselves, don't we?).

There's a couple sports bars here (Fiddlestrings and Buffalo Wild Wings), along with some smaller ones.

There's a military rec camp on the water.

You sound as if you've been here before, so I won't go over too many things unless you ask.

Good luck in your search!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 PM

14 posts, read 32,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
San Angelo would be a good place (I live here), I'm retired from the military, but still working on base.

It's not a great city if you're anticipating moving into the dating scene at any time in the near future, though. I have friend who has not had a great deal of luck here. Women are either separated/divorced with kids (some from multiple fathers), or with obvious reasons why they're unattached.

He (my friend) had high standards... but as time goes on, they are slipping, of course (to reality in my opinion... because, after all, we generally think well of ourselves, don't we?).

There's a couple sports bars here (Fiddlestrings and Buffalo Wild Wings), along with some smaller ones.

There's a military rec camp on the water.

You sound as if you've been here before, so I won't go over too many things unless you ask.

Good luck in your search!

Dating, I have not been on a date in....... I don't even remember. Absolutely NOT an issue with me.

I have never been to SA or GF. Have just been doing a bunch of research.

How about the walkability of SA and which parts ? Im 49 and currently live in a part of asia that is 95 degrees everyday with intense humidity, and I walk everywhere. Usually 1-3 miles a day. I don't want anything to do with LE.

There is a website for judging an area's walkability, giving ratings. But it is kinda suspect because it gives the area i currently reside in a lower score than SA, and i have been walking around this place for two years ! I don't own a car and prefer not to.

My major concerns are crime and walkability. and also cost

thanks again !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: