Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM

31 posts, read 128,418 times

Advertisements

I have noticed some reasonable housing for rent and some apartments that are reasonable in price. How is the area to live in as for a crime and living conditions? Is renting a house a better move than renting an apartment?

Renting in Abilene would that be a better place to live then say Taylor City?
Also El Paso Texas is the rentals there as comparable to Taylor or Abilene, and weather conditions, How do they compare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 12:37 PM

31 posts, read 128,418 times
I guess Taylor city must be a suburb of Abilene as it keeps coming up in my search for renting houses and apartments. Has no one heard of Taylor City?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:40 PM

506 posts, read 2,149,188 times
I thought you were talking about Taylor, Texas - which is near Austin. I've never heard of Taylor City but I'm not familiar with the Abilene area, if that's where it is.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 15,222 times
Thumbs up TAYLOR TX. is the next undiscovered California Realistate Goldmine!

Come on!

The town of Taylor Texas is Awesome! I CALL IT A GOLDMINE! And i have lived in Georgetown, Hutto, worked in Austin, yet have never lived where everything is so inexpensive! I bought a house here for under $200,000 that i could not have touched for less than $500,000 in Pflugerville! And Taylor has nice homes here for around the $120,000 Range! Hurry up though! Get in early before the rush! Because soon Taylor will be sucked up by Austin!

My last home in Hutto was so cheaply built, that my roofing shingles would flap loose on a windy sunny day! The Houses are getting thrown up there on a daily basis!

Taylor is a best kept secret! We have the worlds BEST BAR-B-QUE here with Louie Muellers! LOUIE MUELLER BBQ 206 W. 2ND ST. TAYLOR, TX 76574

His Bar-b-que alone would probably be enough to make you want to move here!

You can watch new release movies at the Howard Theater, and get a large Coke, and Large Popcorn for cheap!

Howard Theatre

Admission price for ALL shows, ALL times, ALL seats, and ALL ages is $4.00!!! Nothing in the concession area is over $3.00!!! Show times subject to change or cancellation, call the box office at 352-2995

We have Fishing, and Hunting, Boating, Camping, Water Skiing, about 8 miles down the road at one of the Biggest Williamson County Lakes, Lake Grainger!

Anyway, I'm just spreading the word about Taylor Tx. I moved here in April 07 from the boring town of Hutto, and I LOVE IT!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,689 times
Taylor, Tx is east of RoundRock, which is just north of Austin. None of those places has anything to do with the county of Taylor in Texas which is where Abilene and Sweetwater are located. Taylor County.

Someone in another post commented that Sweetwater is where people go to start over... or whatever. That could be a reason though there probly aren't many reasons anyone would choose to live in Sweetwater. Sweetwater and Abilene are a good place to live and give thanks to your God for the privilege. It's not heaven and there may not be many rewards but that's between you and your faith.

The area is typically low humidity, not a lot of rain, hot in the summer and sometimes cold in the winter but heating and air conditioning are common amenities so survival is possible. The water is nasty but potable. Tea is helpful to disguise the discoloration.

Rents are reasonable. Whether a house or apartment is your choice. Crime is not a problem in most areas. There should be ample hunting and tank fishing though you may need to know a property owner to go on his land. For those not from Texas, a tank is similar to a pond but constructed for the purpose of holding water for cattle. There are no ponds in west Texas. None. The nearby lake is Fort Phantom Hill (used to be a cavalry fort out there, pre-civilization).

Old 11-02-2007, 05:50 PM

45 posts, read 181,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Tx. is a GOLDMINE! View Post
Come on!

The town of Taylor Texas is Awesome! I CALL IT A GOLDMINE! And i have lived in Georgetown, Hutto, worked in Austin, yet have never lived where everything is so inexpensive! I bought a house here for under $200,000 that i could not have touched for less than $500,000 in Pflugerville! And Taylor has nice homes here for around the $120,000 Range! Hurry up though! Get in early before the rush! Because soon Taylor will be sucked up by Austin!

Anyway, I'm just spreading the word about Taylor Tx. I moved here in April 07 from the boring town of Hutto, and I LOVE IT!

this town sounds nice, but how are the schools? we are looking for A Town like this, but the schools are a major consideration.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoy View Post
this town sounds nice, but how are the schools? we are looking for A Town like this, but the schools are a major consideration.
Here's a link to Taylor ISD. They just started an early college program for High Schoolers there.

TISD Home - Taylor Independent School District

Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 8,799 times
Please help me find a little house to rent in Taylor, Tx. Terry Turner phone 210-380-7896.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Here's the local online paper. Hope it helps.

Taylor Daily Press: Serving Eastern Williamson County, TX

Old 10-05-2009, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 8,478 times
Default Living in Taylor

I live in Taylor. Our schools are rated Unacceptable. If you want to send your kids to a good public school then don't come here. Our streets have been neglected for 50 years. The city council is suggesting a new tax to come up with the funds to repair a sewer/drainage system that is 50 years old - they want to tax based on your roof, sidewalk, and driveway square footage.

We have a prison on the south side of town and are a haven of low-income housing units. Half of our downtown is empty. The city concentrates on the north side and south side of town - that is where the 'prettying-up' of the town go.

A new school is to be built outside of town on the south side which means all high school students will have to be bused and another empty building within the city limits.

There are two sides to every town. It is a great town to live in if you like to live rurally and outside of the influence of Austin and the 'burbs. If you like to be greeted by the fellow you pass on the street and the person behind the counter and if you like living a slower pace then Taylor is a great place to live.

We work and live here and we own our house in a neglected part of town - our kids are grown. Taylor is OK but if you think you want to live here but bring the city with you then please go to Georgetown or Round Rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas