Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Texas Scrambled Eggs -- What Do You Like on Them?
Nothing at all. Scrambled eggs are just that. 8 17.39%
Picante/Salsa 22 47.83%
Ketchup 6 13.04%
Either works fine 2 4.35%
Neither/the whole concept is nauseating and only nuts and vampires would partake 2 4.35%
Went from ketchup to picante/salsa 2 4.35%
Other (please explain) 9 19.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LOL. Sis? I have to side with Houston3 on this 'un. The first time I EVER experienced ketchup on a hamburger in Texas, was back in the mid-60's when the first McDonalds opened! LOL

Don't get me wrong! I LOVE McDonalds, nowadays, but fer gosh sakes, ketchup did/does NOT belong on a hamburger.

But then again...ahhhhh hell, I am going to have to start a new poll on this subject....*sighs*
TR, I (b. 1951) was having hamburgers with ketchup on them before either one of you were born, LOL!!

You love McD's?? My gawd......lordy, lordy......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Cathy, my mom eats burger's just that way! I do that too
Best way, especially with Heinz....LOL!!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times
[quote=TexasReb;25706102]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post

I swear, two of my favorite Texas sisters not only don't know the song, but talk like I am the red-headed step child of the family!

I got so upset about this that I scheduled an appointment with a therapist and went and burned down the garage.....

But seriously, you two, here it is: And don't tell me y'all ain't never heard it!

CHARLIE PRIDE BURGERS AND FRIES - YouTube
LOL As Dear Abby would say, "40 lashes with the wet noodle". What's really bad is I do know the song! Even as I wrote Statler Bros. I had burgers and fries and cherry pies running through my head.

I confess, I really wanted to say I was just testing you TR, but that wouldn't be fair. I just jumped too quick! My most humble apologies. Hopefully, next time I will stop and think before opening mouth and inserting foot.

Maybe I'm heading towards counting flowers on the wall.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:38 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
TR, I (b. 1951) was having hamburgers with ketchup on them before either one of you were born, LOL!!

You love McD's?? My gawd......lordy, lordy......
Hold the horses, sis....I meant to say that it is a good place to get a quick hamburger or whatever...NOT that it was my favorite place! LOL

For that? A favorite hamburger? It would be at some good grease-burger joint and NOT have ketchup on 'em!

Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
What doesn't taste good with scrambled eggs (except ketchup...gross)? I eat them with everything from beans to boudin.

Houston-style eggs: cook with a little grease, salt, and lots of pepper, then add some shrimp and/or chicken, Velveeta, and a little mild cheddar.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
[quote=lonestar2007;25707532]
Quote:

Maybe I'm heading towards counting flowers on the wall.
Oh hell, sis...no need to apologize...this is just Texas brothers and sisters talking to each other.

STILL though? You made me think of another good song!

The Statler Brothers: Flowers on the Wall - YouTube

Old 08-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Hold the horses, sis....I meant to say that it is a good place to get a quick hamburger or whatever...NOT that it was my favorite place! LOL

For that? A favorite hamburger? It would be at some good grease-burger joint and NOT have ketchup on 'em!
Oh, I miss the old mom-and-pop joints! We had Dairy King (not part of the current chain called Dairy QUEEN)...we'd get basket cheeseburgers loaded down with handcut real french fries, all beef hamburger and loaded to the gills with all the trimmings!

Ketchup went on both my hamburger and fries, LOL!!

That old Dairy King building is still there, but is now a non-chain mom-and-pop local taco joint--very tasty, too, though I miss the burgers!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Since I get blamed for this poll I'd better add...

I'm a Salsa fanatic and will eat it on just about everything. But scrambled eggs should have Ketchup, just call me old fashioned.

Now admittedly, wrap those eggs in a Burrito from Whataburger and salsa rocks. I do vote for Whataburger Ketchup being just about the best ever. Nothing like those Onion Rings with their Ketchup.

Also, what is the proper TX spelling ketchup or catsup ?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Oh, I miss the old mom-and-pop joints! We had Dairy King (not part of the current chain called Dairy QUEEN)...we'd get basket cheeseburgers loaded down with handcut real french fries, all beef hamburger and loaded to the gills with all the trimmings!

Ketchup went on both my hamburger and fries, LOL!!

That old Dairy King building is still there, but is now a non-chain mom-and-pop local taco joint--very tasty, too, though I miss the burgers!
Oh, I know and loved Dairy King. That place was so good.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:56 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Nothing on scrambled. The idea of salsa is fine, but ketchup on scrambled eggs...ugh. I do put salsa on omelets sometimes, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas