Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 02:25 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,853,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
And there you still go trying to play the innocent one acting like you wasn't arguing back and forth with us. You have your reason, we gave ours. Nobody was upset. It was a discussion. I don't know what you're trying to play.
Haha no way man. You guys were clearly upset! And sure I was arguing back and forth... and still am. I'm just weirded out by the idea that you guys were so adamant against the two teams being a rival. Weird!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 06:36 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,870,878 times
Anything with Houston vs Dallas in it will always be some sort of rivalry. I still don't k.ow what the fuss is about. No one was saying they are hardcore rivals. But when they do play, there is definitely an added flavor in the game, than compared to when the teams play the other teams in the division (Texans vs Skins, Cowboys vs Colts, etc.). It all stems back to the first game these two teams played against each other.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,787,089 times
I really can't see EVERY LITTLE THING between Dallas and Houston as a rivalry.

Hell, I can't even see everything between Dallas and Fort Worth as a competition and we have more of a reason to be rivals than you.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I really can't see EVERY LITTLE THING between Dallas and Houston as a rivalry.

Hell, I can't even see everything between Dallas and Fort Worth as a competition and we have more of a reason to be rivals than you.
Maybe not everything, but sports is one of those things.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:39 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,598,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Maybe not everything, but sports is one of those things.
I dont think it is.

The Rangers and the Astros could care less about each other.

The Texans and Cowboys only go crazy on each other when they are playing each other.

The Rockets and Mavs dont care about each other either.

Houston has no NHL team, but I doubt the Stars would go crazy on them either.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I dont think it is.

The Texans and Cowboys only go crazy on each other when they are playing each other.

Nah. The Rangers and Astros do. I remember when the Yankees, Red Sox, AND Astros were the premium games for the Rangers. If you got free tickets for the Rangers before 2008, you couldnt go to those games (at least the tickets I got). These teams will be in the same division next year, too. Texans and Cowboys are obviously only rivals when they play each other. But even then, the Oilers use to go up to Texas Stadium and whip up on the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, so Houston vs Dallas football stretches further. Rockets vs Mavs has also been a rivalry. A couple of more playoff matchups would seal it, but both are in each other's top five. But those two teams have played some good games against each other.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,547,082 times
I think some people here are confusing an actual rivalry with just normal competitiveness. Using the Chargers/Raiders rivalry as my example because that is what I grew up with, Chargers fans like myself absolutely hate the Raiders. We don't want to see them win a single game. We will root for the opposing team playing them in every game that they play. Our season ticket holders sell our game tickets when the Raiders play in San Diego because we don't want to get stabbed by a Raiders fan.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:57 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,598,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Nah. The Rangers and Astros do. I remember when the Yankees, Red Sox, AND Astros were the premium games for the Rangers. If you got free tickets for the Rangers before 2008, you couldnt go to those games (at least the tickets I got). These teams will be in the same division next year, too. Texans and Cowboys are obviously only rivals when they play each other. But even then, the Oilers use to go up to Texas Stadium and whip up on the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, so Houston vs Dallas football stretches further. Rockets vs Mavs has also been a rivalry. A couple of more playoff matchups would seal it, but both are in each other's top five. But those two teams have played some good games against each other.
What mark311 said. I think youre confusing a rivalry with simple competitiveness.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,787,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I dont think it is.

.... actually, the Rangers and Astros do have the Silver Boot series.

And the Rockets and Mavs may not be much compared to Mavs/Spurs, but you could kinda call that a rivalry. Even the soccer clubs have a cup between each other.

For the most part, it is sports, but Cowboys/Texans is NOT. But the rest of those you could actually say those are mainly because all those teams had a few years and more than 7 games/series against each other to develop something between each other.

Maybe if the Texans and Cowboys played each other EVERY year, then you could say it. But now.... no it isn't.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,894,419 times
Long Horns Country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas