Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM

679 posts, read 1,802,820 times

Advertisements

Lucchese are awesome as a dress boot. I have had mine for 10 years and they still look amazing and are so comfortable. I don't wear them on the ranch, though. Gotta different boot for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Although ropers are comfortable, they are not considered "cowboy boots." As a bootmaker friend told me one day, "ropers are tall-topped shoes." They are good for first-timers.
Oh ya, Ropers are Ropers and not Cowboy boots. People look down on Ropers but they actually evolved from Cowboy boots for Rodeo use, specifically Calf Roping...Ropers make it easier for Calf Ropers to both ride and run.

Anyhow, I suggested Ropers because their cheap, easy to walk in, and dressy casual. Cowboy boots can be difficult walking in for beginners and unscuffed cowboy boots could be viewed as a poser...at-least it was when I was younger.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 PM

714 posts, read 2,933,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Oh ya, Ropers are Ropers and not Cowboy boots. People look down on Ropers but they actually evolved from Cowboy boots for Rodeo use, specifically Calf Roping...Ropers make it easier for Calf Ropers to both ride and run.

Anyhow, I suggested Ropers because their cheap, easy to walk in, and dressy casual. Cowboy boots can be difficult walking in for beginners and unscuffed cowboy boots could be viewed as a poser...at-least it was when I was younger.
I agree with ya!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I'm an Ariat fan. The insides are like an athletic shoe: gel footbed, lots of arch support, etc.
I have Ariats and love them.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:55 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
If you got the $$ and are obliged to, go custom, but a good basic pair can cost from $500 to $1000. Just make sure what ever you get, it fits and does not hurt!
This is my beef... as I've aged my feet have changed shape, and now I can't find a stock pair of boots that I can wear without pain anymore. And I can't afford to have boots built for me either.

So I've given up trying to wear boots on any regular basis. I still have one well worn and very stretched out pair that I drag out on rare occasions when I feel like playing an Old West character my friends all love, but the rest of the time I just don't worry about it at all.

But I can admire them on others!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM

264 posts, read 907,763 times
Heritage Boots in Austin. Go online and check out the website. Awesome boots.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
I actually own a pair of Ariat Ramblers which just look AWESOME. Ariats are owned by Reebok and i see so many people wearing them these days, even at the rodeo. I use them all the time when two steppin' at a honky tonk, but the square toe makes my feet look big. They did protect my toes from being stomped on by a horse that got stung by bees...so they are "field tested".

Good looking boots, but time to try something different!

Ariat Rambler:

Ariat Rambler Cowboy Boots - square toe - Sheplers

Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 PM

398 posts, read 1,416,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
I actually own a pair of Ariat Ramblers which just look AWESOME. Ariats are owned by Reebok and i see so many people wearing them these days, even at the rodeo. I use them all the time when two steppin' at a honky tonk, but the square toe makes my feet look big. They did protect my toes from being stomped on by a horse that got stung by bees...so they are "field tested".

Good looking boots, but time to try something different!

Ariat Rambler:

Ariat Rambler Cowboy Boots - square toe - Sheplers
I have two pairs of Ramblers... black and brown.. I'd like to get them in ostrich and the moccasin color as well.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 AM

714 posts, read 2,933,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
This is my beef... as I've aged my feet have changed shape, and now I can't find a stock pair of boots that I can wear without pain anymore. And I can't afford to have boots built for me either.

So I've given up trying to wear boots on any regular basis. I still have one well worn and very stretched out pair that I drag out on rare occasions when I feel like playing an Old West character my friends all love, but the rest of the time I just don't worry about it at all.

But I can admire them on others!
OpenD,

I hear a lot of similar stories. Sometimes, - okay a lot of times, as we age, we gain weight, and some of that goes to our feet. Plus, if you increase the amount of time that you wear sandals, athletic footwear, flip-flops, since they offer poor support, your feet will get wider.

I've worn boots about 90% of the time for the last 15 years, and I can still wear boots that I bought 15 years ago with no pain.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
OpenD,

I hear a lot of similar stories. Sometimes, - okay a lot of times, as we age, we gain weight, and some of that goes to our feet. Plus, if you increase the amount of time that you wear sandals, athletic footwear, flip-flops, since they offer poor support, your feet will get wider.

I've worn boots about 90% of the time for the last 15 years, and I can still wear boots that I bought 15 years ago with no pain.

Why I have Ariat. I never knew about them until I went searching for a pair of boots at one of the western stores several summers ago when I was going to be a doing a lot of riding on vacations. I hate riding in sneakers. I have a back that can go out, my feet have spread, bad knees, sometimes iffy hips with some arthritis...I'm not heavy by any means, lots of this is from years of abuse in dance classes plus plain aging. The salesman suggested Ariat and he was right on target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas