Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,253,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Niarobi these are the very reasons that there is a DRASTIC difference between the two....The Architecture in UTH leaves alot to be desired. And the No-Zoning thing kills it for alot of potentially nice neighborhoods in Houston.....When I drive around Houston I sometimes find myself saying "Wow this could really be a nice neighborhood if...."

And by no means do I hate Houston...I always have a blast everytime Im there. But when it comes to pleasing the eye and planning...Dallas and Atlanta are always ahead of Houston;I didnt say they were better than Houston,they're just better looking.....period.
That's your opinion. It isn't a fact.

Atlantans, for all their self-admiration, would laugh out loud at the idea of you suggesting that Dallas is as nice as their precious town.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,386,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Atlantans, for all their self-admiration, would laugh out loud at the idea of you suggesting that Dallas is as nice as their precious town.
I actually think Dallas looks nicer than Atlanta(architecture wise)but not by much. What kills Atlanta for me is the crazy street layout in downtown(worse than ours),and the fact that the taller buildings look too much alike. Its hard to feel like your in a downtown canyon like in Dallas and Houston.Its not cohesive enough for me.DownTown ATL feels like the Dallas North Tollway...in a line.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM

4,420 posts, read 6,238,808 times
Quote:

Dallas is actually a cleaner, more organized, less crime filled version of Atlanta. I don't think they would LOL at us for making that statement.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,788,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Dallas is actually a cleaner, more organized, less crime filled version of Atlanta. I don't think they would LOL at us for making that statement.
.... cleaner?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:56 AM

405 posts, read 818,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... cleaner?
Definitely! Dallas is one of the cleanest, most well-organized big cities in America. On the other hand, Houston is one of the dirtiest, most poorly planned (the no zoning plays a HUGE part in that). To me, this is the biggest difference between Dallas and Houton, not whose skyline is taller, whose uptown is better, or whose downtown has more office space like people on here are always stupidly arguing back and forth about.

People usually choose cities to LIVE IN based on how clean and welcoming they are, not all that other silly sh*t. And to me, that is where Dallas DEFINITELY excels over Houston. Almost everybody I know and meet who have been to both Dallas and Houston say the same thing about Dallas, especially non-Texans, and I think that has a lot to do with why Dallas is the more popular Texas city outside of Texas.

Last edited by Carlito Brigante; 11-06-2012 at 07:06 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,788,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunJuan View Post
Definitely! Dallas is one of the cleanest, most well-organized big cities in America. On the other hand, Houston is one of the dirtiest, most poorly planned (the no zoning plays a HUGE part in that). To me, this is the biggest difference between Dallas and Houton, not whose skyline is taller, whose uptown is better, or whose downtown has more office space like people on here are always stupidly arguing back and forth about.

People usually choose cities to LIVE IN based on how clean and welcoming they are, not all that other silly sh*t. And to me, that is where Dallas DEFINITELY excels over Houston. Almost everybody I know and meet who have been to both Dallas and Houston say the same thing about Dallas, especially non-Texans, and I think that has a lot to do with why Dallas is the more popular Texas city outside of Texas.
I've never in my entire life heard anyone say that Dallas is "cleaner" than anything.

Now, if you're talking "cleaner" as in "more organized/well zoned".... maybe. Still, Dallas doesn't have THAT many advantages over Houston. They have advantages, just not that many. Same can be said about Houston.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,253,688 times
Yes, cleanliness is usually at the top of the list of requirements for folks, when it comes to choosing a city. This is exactly why everyone hates New York City.

Please. Cleanliness, organization, and planned neighborhoods are attributes of the suburbs, and not a major bustling and vibrant city. Many of the world's most famous cities are absolutely filthy. Chicago stood out to me as being remarkably clean, but even it had grit and character that Dallas doesn't.

Sterility =/= attractiveness. You'd be hard-pressed to find many people who would say that Dallas is an all around better looking city than Atlanta.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,008,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Quote:
.... cleaner?
Next thing you know, they'll be claiming that it's also more forested and has cooler summer weather than Atlanta!

Quote:
Sterility =/= attractiveness. You'd be hard-pressed to find many people who would say that Dallas is an all around better looking city than Atlanta.
I agree. And Dallas is definitely sterile looking.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,386,563 times
Quote:
Yes, cleanliness is usually at the top of the list of requirements for folks, when it comes to choosing a city. This is exactly why everyone hates New York City.

Please. Cleanliness, organization, and planned neighborhoods are attributes of the suburbs, and not a major bustling and vibrant city. Many of the world's most famous cities are absolutely filthy. Chicago stood out to me as being remarkably clean, but even it had grit and character that Dallas doesn't.

Who cares.....Its all opinion just like you just reminded me.What I said earlier was MY opinion. And just because YOU have never ran into any atl-iens who thinks Dallas looks better doesnt prove anything.Its just too subjective of a question.

Nice try....You already know Dallas looks way better than Houston so you try and turn it into a Dallas vs Atlanta thread....Dallas wins that one too.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:46 PM

4,420 posts, read 6,238,808 times
Quote:
.... cleaner?
Yes. Have you ever been to downtown Atlanta? Or even South of Ponce de Leon Avenue. Go there and then let me know if you still don't agree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas