U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 06:52 PM

16,791 posts, read 43,843,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Being polite, this thread is laughable to say the least.

Texas does NOT follow Tarrant County & its still as red as ever & will remain this way for the conceivable future.

Dallas County is the only "blue" county in North Texas. The overwhelmingly poor minority populations are the reason why they tend to vote Democratic these days.
I agree Texas has never followed Tarrant County on anything that I'm aware of.

However, Tarrant County is not likely to remain majority white for long, it is barely there now. I do not anticipate a sudden influx of conservative minorities to bolster the fading GOP in Tarrant County.

Rate this post positively

Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM

16,791 posts, read 43,843,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by die Eichkatze View Post
Texas Hispanics voted 49% for Bush in 2004, so it is not like they are in bed with the democratic party. Good luck trying to predict politics one year in advance, none the less 4, 8, 12 years.
2004 was 8 years ago, yet you point to that as some kind of indicator?

Quote:
Hispanic vote should be a clue for Texas Republicans - Houston Chronicle

Overwhelming Hispanic support for President Barack Obama - 72 percent nationwide, according to exit polls - should be a warning sign for Texas Republicans. As if they needed another.

In Texas, the best data so far show a 70-30 split for Obama among Hispanic voters, according to Rice University political science chairman Mark Jones. Romney performed several points worse than Sen. John McCain did in 2008. At the same time, Jones points out, Hispanics became a larger share of the vote in Texas, going from 20 percent in 2008 to 25 percent in 2012.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 AM

4,153 posts, read 8,430,764 times
Texas follows Tarrant County...Thanks for the laugh lol

If you guys want to prodict politics, just listen for any candidate talking about free money to lower income Americans. Obama won simply because he promised to give the "Have Nots" a check. Why should the mob vote for anyone else? I look for the Republicans to start offering free money here pretty soon if they want to keep their jobs...can we say Greece in say the next 2-3 elections?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 AM

13,402 posts, read 22,661,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Texas follows Tarrant County...Thanks for the laugh lol

If you guys want to prodict politics, just listen for any candidate talking about free money to lower income Americans. Obama won simply because he promised to give the "Have Nots" a check. Why should the mob vote for anyone else? I look for the Republicans to start offering free money here pretty soon if they want to keep their jobs...can we say Greece in say the next 2-3 elections?
That's absolutely absurd. I voted for Obama and I make over 250k a year. I voted for him knowing he wants to raise my taxes.

I did not like Romneys take on social issues. I was pleased the president stood up for gay marriage and was horrified that the tea party seemed to be running the GOP between 2010 and 2012. It seemed like the was a mad rush to define "life" as early as possible in the GOP and deny people who have been raped, victims of incest, or mothers who would be severely harmed as a result of delivery abortions. That reflects on the candidate especially since he choose Paul Ryan.

Romney lost because the GOP got out of control and the tea party took control. Had Romney maintained the moderate stance he had on social issues, he probably would have won. If he ran the same campaign that he did when he was gov of Massachusetts, I could have voted for him.

In the end saying Obama won because he promised poor people a check is some hardcore conservatives living in denial that they let their party get out of control on social issues. If the GOP makes no changes, they will never win national control. If they make no changes Texas will eventually turn purple. I watched it happen in California and I'm seeing some of the same things here. The GOP has to become more moderate in some areas and put the tea party in their place or forget ever having another president.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 PM

570 posts, read 1,079,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
2004 was 8 years ago, yet you point to that as some kind of indicator?
Never said it was an indicator. In fact, how would you even come to that conclusion from what I stated? My point is that things change and trying to predict how people will vote in the future is pointless. Bush and Obama don't exactly share the same views but yet the percentage of Hispanics that voted for Bush was fairly even. Unlike another minority group, Hispanics can be swayed to vote for either party. Now granted if the republican party continues to approach them in the same manner, you will continue to see them going +70% for the democrats.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:46 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,909,655 times
Another factor to think about is that the fastest growing group, Asians, went democratic even more so than Hispanics did this past cycle. This is interesting because Asians are the wealthiest and most educated group in the United States and starkly contradicts the belief that wealthy Americans vote Republican. Its obviously not just immigration issues that the Republican Party is facing.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 AM

12,510 posts, read 24,384,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Another factor to think about is that the fastest growing group, Asians, went democratic even more so than Hispanics did this past cycle. This is interesting because Asians are the wealthiest and most educated group in the United States and starkly contradicts the belief that wealthy Americans vote Republican. Its obviously not just immigration issues that the Republican Party is facing.
Asians in Collin County do not vote Democratic, they vote strongly Republican. Now Tarrant County & Dallas County is a mixed bag.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:48 AM

936 posts, read 1,368,127 times
Quote:
Asians in Collin County do not vote Democratic, they vote strongly Republican. Now Tarrant County & Dallas County is a mixed bag.
Have a source for that?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,909,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Have a source for that?
You beat me to it.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 AM

13,402 posts, read 22,661,635 times
Quote:
Are you making stuff up again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas