Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,173 times

Advertisements

Would you say UH is underrated?

Houston has a booming economy, will going to UH for business, facilitate getting interships and good job prospects in the city? Houston is a nice place, i dont understand why people complain about the weather, beats being unemployed for sure.

Is tranfering to UH easy? Currently attending a texas community college, doing fairly ( shooting for 3.5+ gpa) and will be finishing in a year and a half or so. Does UH offer economical help to lower income students with a decent gpa, such as myself?

I would like to become a public accountant

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 AM

978 posts, read 1,057,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngcowboy View Post
Would you say UH is underrated?

Houston has a booming economy, will going to UH for business, facilitate getting interships and good job prospects in the city? Houston is a nice place, i dont understand why people complain about the weather, beats being unemployed for sure.

Is tranfering to UH easy? Currently attending a texas community college, doing fairly ( shooting for 3.5+ gpa) and will be finishing in a year and a half or so. Does UH offer economical help to lower income students with a decent gpa, such as myself?

I would like to become a public accountant

Thank You
With a 3.5 you should have no problem gettign into UH. Now they do make it difficult to stay in so be sure to continue to handle your school work.

UH currently has 41,000 students and is the middle of a building boom totaling over a billion dollars worth of construction projects. They are building an infrastructure and a campus that will be well connected to the city of Houston, physically and academically.

I haven't verified it, but someone claimed that after the new waves of dorms are done being constructed that UH will have the largest amount of on-campus living of any University in Texas. Also, President Khator is pondering a requirement forcing incoming freshman to live ON CAMPUS their first year.

I wouldn't be surprised if UH becomes the second most populous public university in the State of Texas in the near future. It definitely is a University to keep your eye on.

UH just issued an announcement yesterday stating they will pay full tuition for successful high school stuent who live in a household that makes $45,000 or less. I don't know the particulars but I saw that piece yesterday.

Heres the link:

University of Houston : Cougar Promise - University of Houston

Go Coogs!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:28 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,930 times
I wouldn't say its underrated. It seems to have just the right amount of tug. It's not a bad university, but it isn't top 50 either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: