Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,271 times

Advertisements

My husband and I found out that our family will be growing again and we are looking to sign a new lease at the beginning of Feb. I'm doing all the searching and have contacted some agencies, but, so far nothing is really panning out. The Realtors are not being very helpful and we are looking for a 3 bdrm house, apartment, duplex or townhouse with a max rent of $975/mo. I know that is kind of tough, but, I need help with this; my husband works all the time and is only off one day a week so it's up to me to find something.

Any advice would be really helpful! Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM

168 posts, read 528,003 times
Try looking on Trulia - Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments for Rent, Local data I looked real quick and saw this for a home. 3036 Pine Valley Drive, New Braunfels TX - Trulia

Don't know if it's good but hey it says 900 a month and close to freeway. The apartments always say lower prices but when you go look, it's mostly the cheaper ones are not the ones they are showing.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you very much for your help! I've been looking on Trulia and Zillow and Craigslist and Yahoo and then general searches on google. I've seen that one and I drove by it and I'm going to schedule to look at it.
My husband told me today that we may be able to stretch it to $1000 possibly a little more. But, if we can save some money and get a nice place in a good location then I will happily take it!

I also saw one listed on Douglas Fir and i drove past it, it's a 4plex and i think it's an upstairs unit. We live upstairs now and my son is so active, I hate having to constantly remind him we have neighbors downstairs lol

I am open to any suggestions or any finds! Thank you again, I really appreciate it!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM

1,733 posts, read 941,126 times
A majority of rentals in San Marcos are rented by young college students and all that entails. In fact, certain neighborhoods are known to be party streets on the weekends in which an open door policy enables college students to go house to house until all hours of the morning.
New Braunfels has several rental property companies that may be able to help you; here is a link to own- HOME | New Braunfels Leasing & Property Management

Good luck!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM

8 posts, read 11,847 times
There are plenty of rental locators in San Marcos. And if you tell them you are looking for a community that isn't intended for student living, they will be able to help you. Granted, there are many, many students in San Marcos and you will never be able to avoid them entirely, but some complexes are considered "student living" and some are not.

Here are some rental locators who could help (just Google for phone numbers):
Great Locations
Hot Spots (I used to work for them)
Apartment Experts

Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: