U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:33 AM

6 posts, read 21,081 times

Advertisements

**unbearable**
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 08:35 AM

6 posts, read 21,081 times
we don't really celebrate Cinco de Mayo or Mexican Independence Day. The churches i go to there isn't bilingual services that i know of.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,951 times
Default victoria-not so bad

Hey, give us a break. We are getting one of those raw fish places. Seriously, I've lived here all of my life and it is not as bad as they make it sound. It is not a big city, but it has shopping, alot of the chain restaurants and many mom and pop owned. We are in the process of building several new schools. There is not alot of night life, but if you need to get away, Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Christi are about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. It does get hot down here, but we have this thing called air conditioning. (were not as backward as they make us sound) Welcome to Victoria!

Last edited by noworries1107; 03-17-2008 at 11:26 AM..

Old 01-04-2009, 03:55 PM

49 posts, read 127,190 times
asianascent, so sorry I never answered you. We moved with our company several times (a neat and good thing,we are new empty nesters) My mom lives on Queenswood Trail. Any other ? if you still are interested - so sorry again. (my new name is knittie by the way) used to be victoriana

Old 01-16-2009, 11:51 AM

27 posts, read 90,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noworries1107 View Post
Hey, give us a break. We are getting one of those raw fish places. Seriously, I've lived here all of my life and it is not as bad as they make it sound. It is not a big city, but it has shopping, alot of the chain restaurants and many mom and pop owned. We are in the process of building several new schools. There is not alot of night life, but if you need to get away, Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Christi are about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. It does get hot down here, but we have this thing called air conditioning. (were not as backward as they make us sound) Welcome to Victoria!

We are Thinkin of moving to Victoria in Sept. I would like to know since you have lived there your whole life... Do you know of any Nice townhomes or apartment rentals. I am looking for at least 3 bdrms. Also have the new schools been built? For now I will need pre K and elementry. I have looked online for rentals but most don't have pictures. Do you have any other advise? Thank you

Old 01-24-2009, 11:08 AM

6 posts, read 23,543 times
Is there any public transportation there? When i lived there 14 yrs ago, there a=was only cabs, no busline.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,418 times
I am moving to victoria next week how is vikers elementary

Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 AM

42,661 posts, read 77,698,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliciaAnderson View Post
Is there any public transportation there? When i lived there 14 yrs ago, there a=was only cabs, no busline.
There is an excellent city bus, that runs four routes on a 45-minute schedule, including (limited) nights and weekends. It used to be on a 30-minute schedule, but street construction detours forced the bus to move its terminal, and they could not keep up with the 30-min schedule from the new location.

To, me the real plus to Victoria is that larger cities are so far away, that everything you need is here---yet, at the same time, it is small enough that you can get around quickly and easily.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 AM

218 posts, read 527,686 times
Hey, I used to be victoriana on the forum. Sorry I never answered your question. My Mom lives on Queenswood Trail in Victoria, Tx. Like I had said, I always tell people if you like weather like a hot humid jungle, you will LOVE it there. But if you don't not much else in Victoria will see nice to you.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 PM

218 posts, read 527,686 times
Oh yes, its not too far from Corpus Christi as well. So trips to the beach are not far at all. Just wanted to get that in - a real plus for those vacation getaways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas