Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 10:25 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
No,

It is impossible for there to be black on white hate crimes...officially!
This brings up an interesting point, Bob. As it is, official stats count a crime commited by an hispanic against a black person is counted as "white on black." Yet hispanics are included as a "victim group" if the crime is non-hispanic white against hispanic.

See this article (with blurb from it):

Hate Crime Hypocrisy | FrontPage Magazine

What about the Hispanic-on-white and Hispanic-on-black hate crimes? The federal government does not report them! While the FBI’s hate crime reporting sheet includes Hispancs as a victim group, they do not include Hispanics as offenders, and categorize virtually all of them as white. In Los Angeles, where local police count Latinos as perpetrators, Latinos make up 69% of all anti-black hate crimes. Latinos, meanwhile, are counted as white on black hate crimes by the FBI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I like to think if I were a black man I would be listening to men/women like Sowell, Williams, Steele, Parker, Elder, etc.
And exactly who do you think we're listening to?? Jay Z and Tupac??? I refuse to back blacks who consistently tear down and degrade the black community. Your entire perception and view of life would be different if you were black; so saying that comment as a white man is meaningless to me.

Quite frankly, I'm not concerned about how white people feel about the "race thing". It's our life and we still live it regardless of what you guys see through your rose-colored glasses. We'll keep speaking and whining about it until things are right and fair.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
And exactly who do you think we're listening to?? Jay Z and Tupac??? I refuse to back blacks who consistently tear down and degrade the black community. Your entire perception and view of life would be different if you were black; so saying that comment as a white man is meaningless to me.
Uhhhh, no disrespect necessarily intended, BlkG...but you really are starting to self-destruct here. If I recall correctly (but go back and look for yourself to see for sure)? I said clearly I am not sure how I would feel if I were a black man.

What I am gleaning more and more from you and your posts is that you are lashing out in frustration because there are quite a few out here (and ever growing in numbers), who are not impressed nor intimidated with this victimization stuff. It has worn out its welcome.

What do you want, anyway? You never really say...other than some notion that because you are black you are owed some special consideration as to opinion.

But regardless, how are black conservatives "tearing down the black community"?? Hell, they are pointing out the truths and trying to save it. Time and history and truth is on their side. Of course I know that is only my opinion as a "white man"...but I still call as I see it...

Quote:
Quite frankly, I'm not concerned about how white people feel about the "race thing".
LOL Oh hell, that is quite obvious. Good gawd, BlkG. Do you not even see the contradictions in your own posts/replies? You seem to want this good race relations (which any normal person does), but use the most inflammatory language yourself....

Quote:
It's our life and we still live it regardless of what you guys see through your rose-colored glasses. We'll keep speaking and whining about it until things are right and fair.
Ok. Let's start from there. What to you would be "right and fair"? I think that is a "fair" enough question to ask. So you have the floor. What would be "right and fair" in your opinion...?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:57 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,527 times
Quote:

Quite frankly, I'm not concerned about how white people feel about the "race thing".
How covenient.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM

187 posts, read 347,073 times
Quote:
If that's what you got out of my response than so be it. However, I know how this works. I give my experiences and you guys twist, bend, flip, rotate, and whatever else to make it come off as some common behavior.

I wasn't expecting or suggesting the fact that white people should feel or be ashamed of who they are. My purpose of arguing my point was white people attempting to tell us blacks how we should feel and act as if our opinions and experiences don't matter. We're written off as being paranoid and overreacting. I don't know where the rest of your rant is coming from.
Exactly!

Apparently they understand though...and you don't.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Folks like you have no pride at all...Nothing at all other than name calling to those who disagree.. yet y'all usually dare claim a monopoly on "tolerance"
I started out simply trying to explain my point of view and answer your questions. However, after nothing but responses from you where you just wanted to label me, attack, and tear down (rather than just simply disagree or try to make a civil exchange), I've decided to play your game and label you for what you are: an intolerant, self righteous, hard headed know-it-all.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Here's my very first comments where you accused me of being intolerant (I highlighted all of my comments...and just a FEW comments of yours where you were condescending, aggressive, intolreant, accusatory, or just plain mean). Too tiring to highlight all of them:

03-05-2013, 01:36 AM
TexKnox

ex. what you're doing or thinking or your current mood

66 posts, read 13,387 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb
Raven? Why the hell are you asking a silly question like this other than to start a fight? The KKK is no more active in Texas/South, than it is any where else. And you know this, full well.

But really, all BS, aside, what is your point and purpose for starting a thread like this? And spare the BS...cos not many believe it...

This isn't a silly question or one that is meant to stir up a fight. It's no different than a homosexual individual inquiring to the gay friendliness of a certain area or region. Minorities who face heavy discrimination want to know if they will be safe in a specific region or area.

03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
TexasReb
Texan, Southerner, USA
befriend

8,762 posts, read 8,112,533 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexKnox
This isn't a silly question or one that is meant to stir up a fight.
Are you sure of that? As it is, if you read thru it, I became more and more convinced that perhaps this one really WAS on the level. In which case it would deserve an honest and respectful answer. However, "above-board" inquiries of this sort are usually an anomoly in regards to how most of a similar type are presented...which are usually just to ask silly-a$$ed questions deliberately intended to watch the fireworks show sure to follow. Experience is the best teacher...

Quote:
It's no different than a homosexual individual inquiring to the gay friendliness of a certain area or region. Minorities who face heavy discrimination want to know if they will be safe in a specific region or area.
*grins tolerantly* I understand. Same as it would be if I -- as a straight white Texas/Southern Christian male who makes no secret of it -- inquired on a, say, San Francisco forum, just what kind of discrimination -- emotional or physical -- I might face, correct? Or how my Texas/Southern accent might be automatically counted against me in the job market if I ever decided to seek one in the Upper Midwest or Northeast (assuming they had any left up there and that I would go even if they did! LOL).

Does the above count as discrimination...or do only homosexuals and racial/ethnic minorities count under the heading?

Anyway, enough bullshlit. I say again, the chances of encountering the KKK in Texas (or any Southern state) is even less than that of being struck by lightning or attacked by a shark in the Gulf. They are not even important down here anymore. And I think I speak for most Texans in that they are looked upon with disgust in the sense of how they pervert and distort what otherwise might be principled and honorable beliefs. Also, remember, the killers of James Byrd were given the death penalty by an all-white jury in Jasper, Texas. As they should have.

And really, the stronghold -- if there is one at all -- of the coneheads is today-- and always has been in some degrees -- in the Midwest, not Texas/South.

Bottom line is -- at least IMHO -- if one doesn't openly and deliberatly flaunt and parade and display with flamingo feathers -- an "in your face" attitude about their "minority victim" or "atheist" or "sexual orientation" choices? And at least try and be a good neighbor? Then they will find Texas to be as welcoming and tolerant and friendly place as can be found on this earth.

Definitely more so than those places where breasts are beaten about their tolerant climate...yet have no tolerance for those who have principles that are NOT to be tolerated by their own intolerant definitions of tolerance! LOL

Have a good day!

Last edited by TexasReb; 03-05-2013 at 11:44 AM..

03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
TexKnox

Status: "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair." Edit (set 27 days ago)

66 posts, read 13,387 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb

*grins tolerantly* I understand. Same as it would be if I -- as a straight white Texas/Southern Christian male who makes no secret of it -- inquired on a, say, San Francisco forum, just what kind of discrimination -- emotional or physical -- I might face, correct? Or how my Texas/Southern accent might be automatically counted against me in the job market if I ever decided to seek one in the Upper Midwest or Northeast (assuming they had any left up there and that I would go even if they did! LOL).

Does the above count as discrimination...or do only homosexuals and racial/ethnic minorities count under the heading?

I don't know. Has anyone ever been killed, hung from a tree, or raped for being a white guy with a southern accent in San Francisco or the North?

Racism towards whites exists. I'm not denying that. I'm white, myself. However, there's a difference between being passed up for a job...and...not feeling safe in the privacy of your own home where you're not bothering anyone.

Would you feel comfortable wearing your cowboy hat and boots, living in the middle of the worst ghetto in Chicago, with hardcore thugs who carry guns in their pants and go to Black Panther rallies? Probably not. ...and it would probably be right for you to feel that way.

It's not stupid to inquire about such things. There are places I would avoid as a white woman. There are places that I would avoid as a lesbian.

You can never be too careful...and safety is a big issue and constant concern when race and sexual orientation are big controversial issues in this country

Last edited by TexKnox; 03-05-2013 at 06:18 PM..

03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
TexasReb
Texan, Southerner, USA
befriend

8,762 posts, read 8,112,533 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexKnox
I don't know. Has anyone ever been killed, hung from a tree, or raped for being a white guy with a southern accent in San Francisco or the North?
I don't know, have they? But what about this one: A Slaughter No One Noticed. Here ya go:

FrontPage Magazine - A Slaughter That No One Noticed

Any commentary on it?

Also? When was the last time anyone was "hung from a tree" in Texas/South? And what is your "rape" point? What in the hell are you even talking about? Does it have any relevance to today? Tell me...the floor is yours.

You are starting to self-destruct, seems like. Self-vaunted tolerance invariably proves itself intolerant and then can't tolerate counter-points that are intolerant to the self-righteous tolerant mindset. Aint't that right? *grins*

Last edited by TexKnox; 04-01-2013 at 07:59 PM..

Old 04-01-2013, 07:50 PM

...and the fact that you don't know what the rape point is about is disgusting. You ask, "Does it have any relevance to today?"

Are you effing kidding me? You really are short sighted.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 PM

I also absolutely "love" how you call me self righteous and then you write "Aint't that right? *grins*".

You absolutely ooze self righteousness and a condescending attitude, ain't that right? *pats you on the head and grins tolerantly*

Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexKnox View Post
I started out simply trying to explain my point of view and answer your questions. However, after nothing but responses from you where you just wanted to label me, attack, and tear down (rather than just simply disagree or try to make a civil exchange), I've decided to play your game and label you for what you are: an intolerant, self righteous, hard headed know-it-all.
LOL Maybe I am. But cant even believe you take your own self seriously. Most of us have just moved on. How silly and sophomoric. Attack YOU? LOL When your whole premise seems to be that anyone who disagrees with you must be a default racist? (whatever the hell that means).

TexKnox? Get this thru your head. I don't care much about it at all. I got other things to do. Who are YOU, anyway? Black, white, man, woman, rich man, poor man, beggerman, thief, doctor, lawyer, indian chief, etc, etc???. No one gives much of a damn in exchanging with the righteous brothers (unless it is the musical group....but THEY made sense).

What you really don't like is that lots of folks out here are seeing you for what it really is. LOL A parody. Do you really think your inflated opinion of yourself matters all that much to the rest of us?

Shoot. I am a bit abashed that I even waste time with you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas