Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
You'll also have better skin too!
Along with frizzy hair, shirts sticking to your back, sweat that can't evaporate......but yep, it is better for your skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,162,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Along with frizzy hair, shirts sticking to your back, sweat that can't evaporate......but yep, it is better for your skin.
Then there's chiggers, skeeters, fire ants and ticks! If the humididity don't getcha, the varmints will!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Then there's chiggers, skeeters, fire ants and ticks! If the humididity don't getcha, the varmints will!

That makes me itch to even read it, LOL!!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Quote:

Haha, just trying to find a positive!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM

5 posts, read 9,592 times
Sounds close to what Im looking for I like hot and humid better than hot and dry. Ive never been able to take cold winters. I might try the Houston area when I make it out to Texarkana. Only thing that scares me is them hurricanes but atleast you have warnings in california you have no warning with an earthquake.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times
Ive been to Katy and its real humid.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Quote:

Chiggers ONLY if out in grassy, brushy, wild areas. I live in the forest of East Texas and haven't had chiggers since I was a teen ... 40 years. Ticks can be an issue where deer roam heavily or stock is (need a lot of hosts)! Again I'll pick one off from time to time ... 2-3 times a year. It was much worse when I was a kid and deer were extremely populous where we lived. Skeeters are seasonal...usually worse in spring with the spring rains. They are horrible tho in marshy areas ... Katy might almost qualify there. There are organized spraying programs for mosquitoes in populated areas. I've had a lot of experience with boskeeters in the coastal marshes, but no issues except for a few weeks out of the year up here in the Pineywoods. Fireants are everywhere ... deal with them. They suck but by being observant I am rarely ever stung!

Varmints are a wash ... they are really a non-issue with me.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eggs1967 View Post
Sounds close to what Im looking for I like hot and humid better than hot and dry. Ive never been able to take cold winters. I might try the Houston area when I make it out to Texarkana. Only thing that scares me is them hurricanes but atleast you have warnings in california you have no warning with an earthquake.
Strong structure and high ground makes hurricanes almost a non issue. 20' above sea level and hurricanes have almost no threat to loss of life. People die by drowning mostly!

Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 PM

7 posts, read 12,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ry1an3 View Post
I enjoy it. I hate dry heat and cant stand cold weather. People say San Antonio is Humid but I lived there for two years and it wasnt humid enough for me. Many people hate it but I was born and raised here so im sure that might have a little something to do with it. Last month got too cold in my opinion..
If your fine with sweating I guess. It really doesn't matter for a day on the beach, but for physical work I'm not sure.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:41 PM

7 posts, read 12,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Chiggers ONLY if out in grassy, brushy, wild areas. I live in the forest of East Texas and haven't had chiggers since I was a teen ... 40 years. Ticks can be an issue where deer roam heavily or stock is (need a lot of hosts)! Again I'll pick one off from time to time ... 2-3 times a year. It was much worse when I was a kid and deer were extremely populous where we lived. Skeeters are seasonal...usually worse in spring with the spring rains. They are horrible tho in marshy areas ... Katy might almost qualify there. There are organized spraying programs for mosquitoes in populated areas. I've had a lot of experience with boskeeters in the coastal marshes, but no issues except for a few weeks out of the year up here in the Pineywoods. Fireants are everywhere ... deal with them. They suck but by being observant I am rarely ever stung!

Varmints are a wash ... they are really a non-issue with me.
But when it gets really humid them creepy crawly banana spiders come out it is sometimes hard to notice them, I was building fences last summer about to throw down my post hole driver and quit, I wiped the sweat off my forehead and was exhausted from that humid weather I picked up a fence stave to put in the back of my truck and and I started to feel a tingling sensation on my fingers and then started to burn I turned the stave around to find two banana spiders sticking their fangs in my index finger and had to go to the hospital. So humid weather makes me unfocused and easily distracted causing this to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas