Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM

90 posts, read 317,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
... people aren't moving here left and right because of our liberal values and heavy taxes. They're moving here because of jobs and a cheap cost of living, which has been provided by conservative values.
AND ... simply to get TO a more conservative state. (Meaning it's a big motivation for a number of people I know who've already made the move.) And we are considering the same move for the same reason.

- KK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 AM

30 posts, read 107,556 times
Texas is neither blue nor red... If you're not from Texas you'll never be a Texan. Only a true Texan can be conservative in Texas. When you arrive you'll need to get on your knees and thank the first "real" Texan you meet for letting you visit their state. Although I think the state really belongs to Mexico...

That's how utterly ridiculous Texas can be...

LOL

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Ok, seriously.... where are all these anti-Texas trolls coming from all of a sudden?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,871,509 times
Boy, they did come out of the woodwork for sure, LOL!!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,931,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I think as the older white americans die off, we are going to see a shrinking republican party nationwide. This country is changing and I don't think Texas is any exception. I hope this state eventually turns blue but I don't see it happening for a long time. I see a purple state at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
8 to 10 years........then it will be very, very hard for the Repubs to ever win the WH again.
The republicans will evolve before that happens

Look how Karl Rove has basically turned 180 against the T-partyers

Ted Cruz isn't getting too much of a welcome in the Senate with his TParty style interrogation of Hagel.

The Republicans are tried hard to seem more colorful in their Convention last year but it was still a stark contrast to the DNC.

The republicans has a lot more to lose before they gain, but they will turn things around eventually. You cannot win over your children's vote with your grandfather's style politics.

Texas will be a lost cause if it doesn't lossen its strangle hold on its social conservatism.

I see Texas maintaining its fiscal discretion but the social conservatism wackos are gonna die out soon enough

Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,889,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Karl View Post
AND ... simply to get TO a more conservative state. (Meaning it's a big motivation for a number of people I know who've already made the move.) And we are considering the same move for the same reason.

- KK
Well Karl, get down here as quickly as you can. Apparently the 90,000 democrat voters added in the last 12 years will be turning Texas blue next election..

(Got to love the liberally biased media, don't you? )

Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ok, seriously.... where are all these anti-Texas trolls coming from all of a sudden?
California.

They're mad that Perry's going into their state and taking all their jobs..

Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 PM

587 posts, read 960,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
California.

They're mad that Perry's going into their state and taking all their jobs..
Aw, they're just jealous because Gov Moonbeam is bald while Perry has the best hair of any Gov in the nation.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
Aw, they're just jealous because Gov Moonbeam is bald while Perry has the best hair of any Gov in the nation.
You know, that HAS to be it!

It's hard to fight the brink of bankruptcy without the confidence that a head full of luxurious hair provides..

Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I think as the older white americans die off, we are going to see a shrinking republican party nationwide. This country is changing and I don't think Texas is any exception. I hope this state eventually turns blue but I don't see it happening for a long time. I see a purple state at best.
Here's the thing - a purple state, NOT red, NOT blue, IS best. Best for the country, that is. Some folks are so hung up on politics as football that they confuse what's good for their "team" (party) with what's good for the country, and it is not at all the same thing.

Way too much of that going around lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas