Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
LOL@Applebee's

This is not a representation of East Texas. Not to mention my hometown of Longview has had an Applebee's there every since the early to mid 90's.
The Chilli's I ate at in Nacogdoches 13 years ago was pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM

578 posts, read 1,227,875 times
Wow an Applebees. Joining the ranks of other East Texas juggernauts like Mt. Pleasant, Palestine, and Athens.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 AM

517 posts, read 1,052,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Nacogdoches is really really booming and both of these national chain resturants will add even more of a diverse choice of dining in the city.
I don't see that Nac is booming, however an Applbyees would be nice, if nothing else it would keep Chili's on its toes. However, the Cold Springs restaurant is pretty nice.

We seem to be stuck on the Cotton Patch and the Jalapeno Tree.

I don't know how late one can serve drinks in Nac, but I don't see a need to party until three AM to support a restaurant.

Oh, well, old geezers just don't understand.

I do know that there a lot of new apartments, most for college kids with rents running to a 1000 a room. And, the older second tier apartments with rents in the 400 to 500 a room rates have a lot of empty vacancies. (30 percent)

While I am looking at buying another rental, I am not just rushing in a grabbing what I can get.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 02-19-2013, 03:06 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
I don't see that Nac is booming, however an Applbyees would be nice, if nothing else it would keep Chili's on its toes. However, the Cold Springs restaurant is pretty nice.
Do you mean Clear Springs? That place is really good. There are several around East Texas including Tyler and Jacksonville.

You're right, Nacogdoches is not booming at all but it's growing at a slower pace. There has been a record enrollment at Stephen F. Austin State University in 2010 (Possibly until now?) so that maybe the reason why they're getting new places especially apartments.

Quote:
We seem to be stuck on the Cotton Patch and the Jalapeno Tree.
Personally, I think Posados is better than Jalapeno Tree. Although, they're pretty similar because of Jalapeno Tree owner used to be a manager at Mercados (Originial Posados in Tyler). You can figure out the rest.

Quote:
I don't know how late one can serve drinks in Nac, but I don't see a need to party until three AM to support a restaurant.
Annex and Sports Shack serve drinks until 12 a.m. on Thursday and Friday night. On Saturday night, it is at 1 a.m. I'm sure it might be the same for restaurants.

I'm happy Applebee's and Newks are coming to Nacogdoches. However, I'm concerned but how long will they be opened? Fudruckers was recently closed down after maybe 5ish years of serving hamburgers. I'm sure Applebee's will be around for a long time, I don't think I've ever heard of Applebee's ever being closed due to not serving enough customers.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,111,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Umm...Congrats?

Hehe, I got a gift card from Applebee's once it was not all that bad. Make sure to tip right there or be on the news. lol

Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Goodness Dee you sure did get our attention, lol. You have gone overboard even beyond you love/like/boast of Nac. Beyond me and metro for Tyler, and that's alot, lol lol, now I really, really like Nac. but under no terms are measurement is it booming, just a low, slow very slow, growth, maninly because they count students in the pop. Again I really like Nac, but gee...

Is there anything wrong or not so good about Nac, even I have pointed out not so good and bad stuff about Tyler. gee...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Popeyes was in Tyler over 20 years ago. They closed all 3 locations down because the franchise owner at the time was getting up in years & his kids didn't want it (had their own careers) so he sold the properties to Dominoes Pizza & the other one turned into a gas station, which is now a Chinese restaurant.

I made a thread about Popeye's coming BACK to Tyler after many years of absence.
You did the same type of thing for Tyler. So there is nothing wrong with others boosting for their city if you did it.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You did the same type of thing for Tyler. So there is nothing wrong with others boosting for their city if you did it.
Thank u Spade!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
So do you have any links to "the press" discussing this topic?
Yes the local newspaper and KTRE.com news stations web site.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM

43 posts, read 122,432 times
Evidently Applebee's is not coming to Nacogdoches. They wanted a city ordinance changed to allow alcohol consumption until 2 a.m. and the Nacogdoches City Council failed to do that. Not sure why that was such a problem. According to reports it was not legal to change it for just restaurants so bars in Nacogdoches would have had the same option. Probably a wise decision by Nacogdoches leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas