Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 AM

28 posts, read 85,031 times

Advertisements

Okay. So they other day one of my cars would not start so we got in our van (which we don't normally use because it has an expired reg sticker for around 6 months) we had to take my Son to a hockey game and then we were going to the car dealer to see about a new car... trading in the van with the expired reg. sticker. So we thought it would be a good idea anyway so we could get it the trade in value. Anyway on the way to my sons hockey game we got pulled over and a citation for the reg. sticker. I let the officer know our other car would not start and this was only being used to take him to the game and the dealer but I got the citation. So I am wondering if I go to the judge and show him we did trade in the car and bought a new one 3 days later... if you think the judge would lower or waive the $155 ticket. Not trying to get out of it but would love to pay less as I sunk so much freaking money into the piece of junk I really don't want another $155 to just git rid of it.

Any feedback you might have would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 AM

517 posts, read 1,051,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy0637 View Post
Okay. So they other day one of my cars would not start so we got in our van (which we don't normally use because it has an expired reg sticker for around 6 months) we had to take my Son to a hockey game and then we were going to the car dealer to see about a new car... trading in the van with the expired reg. sticker. So we thought it would be a good idea anyway so we could get it the trade in value. Anyway on the way to my sons hockey game we got pulled over and a citation for the reg. sticker. I let the officer know our other car would not start and this was only being used to take him to the game and the dealer but I got the citation. So I am wondering if I go to the judge and show him we did trade in the car and bought a new one 3 days later... if you think the judge would lower or waive the $155 ticket. Not trying to get out of it but would love to pay less as I sunk so much freaking money into the piece of junk I really don't want another $155 to just git rid of it.

Any feedback you might have would be great.

Go talk to the Judge. Most are elected and may or may not work with you.

Qazulight

Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 AM

28 posts, read 85,031 times
Whoops not my reg. but my inspection. reg. I kept current even though I could not drive it

Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Can't hurt to ask, there are only two answers they can give you and one of them is yes. Tell him that you did not get the inspection because you were trading the car in and bring proof that you did.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
Oh, yeah, inspection is much more likely than registration...however, to be devil's advocate, how does the judge know you were not driving the car for those 6 months and just now got caught?

Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM

517 posts, read 1,051,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy0637 View Post
Whoops not my reg. but my inspection. reg. I kept current even though I could not drive it
Get the car inspected, bring the report and talk to the judge.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 02-22-2013, 12:04 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Don't bet the house on it. Your vehicle wasn't maintained/legal to drive. You wanna' trade it in, tow it to the dealer instead. (That is likely the judge's thought.)

Otherwise, I'd say get it inspected ASAP, but being six months overdue isn't helping your cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas