Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will have the best luxury stores by the end of 2013?
Dallas 88 62.86%
Houston 52 37.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 04:23 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The DFW CSA is huge though. It goes into Oklahoma
14,000 sq miles for DFW compared to less than 10,000 sq miles for Houston.
CSA's are garbage. The DFW CSA isnt even worth talking about.

I personally think urban areas or metro areas are far better measurements.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,339 times
Default Houston Is The Winner Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
CSA's are garbage. The DFW CSA isnt even worth talking about.

I personally think urban areas or metro areas are far better measurements.
They're not worth talking about because they shred your Dallas hype. The truth hurts, doesn't it. Knowledge makes a bloody entrance!

Last edited by TXT; 08-16-2013 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Error: Word Usage

Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
They're not worth talking about because they shred your Dallas hype. The truth hurts, doesn't it. Knowledge makes a bloody entrance!
The only thing that hurts is my gut after laughing at your posts.

Im already done with you. Talk your s**t if you want, but you wont get a rise from me.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM
TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
The only thing that hurts is my gut after laughing at your posts.

Im already done with you. Talk your s**t if you want, but you wont get a rise from me.

Just did, mission accomplished. You're laughing to keep from crying.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM

581 posts, read 924,208 times
Default Binkyman's Market Report: The Dallas - Fort Worth retail market is three tiers above Houston's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The DFW CSA is huge though. It goes into Oklahoma
14,000 sq miles for DFW compared to less than 10,000 sq miles for Houston.
Concerning retail, the market area of Houston is much smaller than the market of Dallas - Fort Worth. The reason Atlanta has a seven million square foot market center is because, like Dallas - Fort Worth, its market sweeps 360 degrees. Consider the populations of each state around Atlanta and how each has a population equal to a large metropolitan area?

In contrast, there is not much of a market area south of the Houston area while the better positioned Dallas - Fort Worth area to the north takes away from it.

This is why Atlanta, though a smaller metropolitan area, has a bigger retail market than Houston. Also factor in the world's busiest airport compared to the business that Houston is getting from Latin America (there is market share south of Houston in this regards as wealthy Mexicans like shopping at the Houston Galleria).

Momentum times exponential growth is why people from Houston need to quit trying to compare and contrast the retail in Dallas - Fort Worth with that of Houston. Even Atlanta and Miami know they can't match up with the market surrounding Dallas - Fort Worth.

Figure the Dallas Market Center is one tier of retail in Dallas - Fort Worth that the Houston market doesn't have. The huge design districts are another. And then there is the regional retail that has been built such as the 191,000 seat Texas Motor Speedway, the massive construction of the Delloitte business univeristy and resort in Southlake, all those convention and resort hotels built in Grapevine north of DFW airport around a Katy Mills Mall -- the centerpiece here being a huge Gaylord Convention and Resort facility located on the shore of Grapevine Lake, and, to beat them all, a Nebraska Furniture Mart now under construction in The Colony.

The more the momentum builds on the exponential scale in Dallas - Fort Worth, figure even more of these huge regional types of developments will get built.

So, those equal to three tiers

Old 08-16-2013, 04:58 PM

298 posts, read 416,436 times
Quote:
The guy you're talking to ain't even from Dallas. Also, yes, Urban Areas I believe are the best way to measure the size of an area. Even some houston posters would agree with me.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:14 PM
TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
The guy you're talking to ain't even from Dallas. Also, yes, Urban Areas I believe are the best way to measure the size of an area. Even some houston posters would agree with me.

Maybe some would, some don't. It's irrevelant.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:17 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Just did, mission accomplished. You're laughing to keep from crying.
Use your own lines.....I said this about the Houstonians a couple of pages back......you are done!!!...you're running out of stuff to say......Yeah you
boring now......its old....

Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 PM

77 posts, read 138,131 times
I am officially leaving this argument because it has gotten bogus. Its all an opinion. You cannot prove an opinion. I personally prefer having 2 different stores than 4 of the same. Just my opinion. If you like Dallas's retail areas so often, go ahead and blow your life savings there!

Old 08-16-2013, 05:49 PM
TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Use your own lines.....I said this about the Houstonians a couple of pages back......you are done!!!...you're running out of stuff to say......Yeah you
boring now......its old....
You're a thief dallasgirl, because the phrase actually belongs to the great African American poet Langston Hughes...and he's not boring, but yes the phrase/saying is an old one.

Done?! I'm just getting started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas