Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will have the best luxury stores by the end of 2013?
Dallas 88 62.86%
Houston 52 37.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:24 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
Ah, the irony.
Story Not Found

The story you requested could not be found.

To find what you're looking for, try one of these options:

MarketWatch Front Page
A starting place for all your financial news and information needs.

Search
Search MarketWatch news, past and present.

Quotes
Get quotes for stocks, mutual funds, options and major market indexes.
Saks Fifth Avenue To Relocate Its Flagship Store At The Houston Galleria - WSJ.com

MarketWatch.com

Saks Fifth Avenue To Relocate Its Flagship Store At The Houston Galleria -- HOUSTON, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

Old 09-05-2013, 12:35 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,339 times
Default Saks Fifth Avenue Expanding In Houston

Houston roars as Saks Fifth Avenue and other luxury retail authorities/officials announce even more extraordinary expansion for Houston...Texas' luxury retail leader.

Saks Fifth Avenue To Relocate Its Flagship Store At The Houston Galleria -- HOUSTON, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

MarketWatch.com

Saks Fifth Avenue To Relocate Its Flagship Store At The Houston Galleria - WSJ.com

Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Did somebody say....Tom Ford?

Jay Z - Tom Ford (Lyrics) - YouTube

I don't hear Dallas in that song.
I loved this song the first time I heard The Krackernuttz play it in Houston before it ever got popular.

Jay-Z reps Houston almost as much as his hometown of NYC & that was BEFORE he met Beyonce.

Houston naturally has that "cool factor" other cities dream about.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:29 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
ah, the irony.
story not found

the story you requested could not be found.

To find what you're looking for, try one of these options:

Marketwatch front page
a starting place for all your financial news and information needs.

Search
search marketwatch news, past and present.

Quotes
get quotes for stocks, mutual funds, options and major market indexes.
oops!!

Old 09-05-2013, 02:47 PM

328 posts, read 471,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I loved this song the first time I heard The Krackernuttz play it in Houston before it ever got popular.

Jay-Z reps Houston almost as much as his hometown of NYC & that was BEFORE he met Beyonce.

Houston naturally has that "cool factor" other cities dream about.
(spits out soda) What's the first thing people in Miami, LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Seattle and NYC think of when they think "Houston"? It's cool! (cough, cough, laugh).

That's one of the things I love about this board, when people pass off opinions as facts. Case closed!

I remember when that survey came out, and the laughter that ensued coast to coast. Let's go to the wayback machine.
Houston is not cool - Salon.com
Houston: Coolest, Fattest City in Nation - Fort Worth Weekly

Even your hometown paper thinks these polls are nonsense, which they are.
Statistics don't tell Houston's story - Houston Chronicle

Thanks for the laugh at the end of my workday. You put a smile on my face for the ride home! Don't go changin'.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
(spits out soda) What's the first thing people in Miami, LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Seattle and NYC think of when they think "Houston"? It's cool! (cough, cough, laugh).

That's one of the things I love about this board, when people pass off opinions as facts. Case closed!

I remember when that survey came out, and the laughter that ensued coast to coast. Let's go to the wayback machine.

Thanks for the laugh at the end of my workday. You put a smile on my face for the ride home! Don't go changin'.
Houston is cool...in the Hip Hop/Rap/Underground/RnB world.

Dallas isn't known for much of anything, musically speaking. Erika Badduh that's about it. Never been a fan of her work.

You don't hear Hip Hop artists around the country referencing Dallas in any of their songs. You can't help but hear Houston everywhere.

Even Eminem gave props to Houston in one of his songs & you rarely hear him give any praise.

"If I were to Rap about the crackers out
Thats probaly the route you want me to take
Guess your probably just dieing to know what i think
And my take on some other rappers
If i were to say something about Paul Wall
You'd probaly crap your pants
Cuz I'm white,
and He's white
So he's like
My competition i mean right? Nope
Paul Wall is Dope"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veY_t7HP6l0

Even the West Coast is finally catching on to "Chopped & Screwed" Music trying to market it...decades after its been around in Texas & the South.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-05-2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old 09-05-2013, 03:34 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,149,542 times
Quote:

Has ever been a succuessdul Dallas artist ???

Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,149,542 times
Quote:

read the stories before you post.. salon never took a shot at Houston they took a shot a forbes.. and the idea that coll can be defined....never did they diss Houston..

Second Forthworth... .....enuff said...

Last again you did not read huh, the paper biggest beef was that they felt that forbes were rating cool on all the wrong things , in fact it a pro Houston story as it feels they ignore the true factors that make houston cool...

but I am not surpised you so something with a neg Houston title and jumped on it

Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Has ever been a succuessdul Dallas artist ???
.Play and Skills
.Erykah Badu
.Kelly Clarkson
.Dorrough Music

Old 09-05-2013, 04:26 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston is cool...in the Hip Hop/Rap/Underground/RnB world.

Dallas isn't known for much of anything, musically speaking. Erika Badduh that's about it. Never been a fan of her work.

You don't hear Hip Hop artists around the country referencing Dallas in any of their songs. You can't help but hear Houston everywhere.

Even Eminem gave props to Houston in one of his songs & you rarely hear him give any praise.

"If I were to Rap about the crackers out
Thats probaly the route you want me to take
Guess your probably just dieing to know what i think
And my take on some other rappers
If i were to say something about Paul Wall
You'd probaly crap your pants
Cuz I'm white,
and He's white
So he's like
My competition i mean right? Nope
Paul Wall is Dope"

Eminem - My Darling [Chopped & Screwed by DJ Howie] - YouTube

Even the West Coast is finally catching on to "Chopped & Screwed" Music trying to market it...decades after its been around in Texas & the South.
I never hear Houston either........name something current?!!!

And if you go way back I can name a couple of Dallas references
Foxy Brown did in..."Touch me tease me " by Case
Soldier boy did .....And in fact he mentions alot of cities inthis one song....accept Houston..he said "When Im in that D-Town Dallas Wassup Bro"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas