Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will have the best luxury stores by the end of 2013?
Dallas 88 62.86%
Houston 52 37.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:56 AM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
So still no comment on your national publications counting Walmarts and strip malls in Houston's shopping ranking?

It's a simple inquiry. Quit dodging it, sock.
So still no comment on Dallas' unprecedented major luxury closings and losses:

Barney's New York
Bloomingdale's
Giorgio Armani (both locations)
Saks Fifth Avenue (both locations)
Etc...

The major financial and news/editorial publications have spoken and named Houston the winner on luxury shopping in Texas. If you don't like it, talk to them.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:12 PM

581 posts, read 924,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post

Barney's New York
Bloomingdale's
Etc...

The major financial and news/editorial publications have spoken and named Houston the winner on luxury shopping in Texas. If you don't like it, talk to them.
What you don't understand is how the overall contention doesn't make any sense. There are a lot more billionaires and millionaires living in and around the much larger market of the metropolitan area of Dallas - Fort Worth than living in and around the market of Houston. Now, indeed, there are upscale stores outside of the city of Dallas within other ritzy places of DFW. But see, that is what you don't seem to understand. We aren't talking about the Dallas - Fort Worth market beating the pants off of the Houston area market. We are talking about the much smaller city of Dallas beating the pants off a much larger city of Houston. And, if upscale in Dallas isn't beating Houston right now, it is simply a short anomaly. From reading this thread, it sounds to me like the shopping mecca of Dallas has already bounced back and is beginning to reassert itself.

There is an article today in the Dallas Morning News about just a fact.

Add in the opening of the new terminal at Love Field in 2014 and I'm certain upscale shopping in Dallas will once again start beating the pants off of Houston.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:15 PM

92 posts, read 113,407 times
Haven't saks closed down quite a few markets since 2000? Just a question, are there any freestanding department stores in Houston? I didn't see anything from a quick google search but I pretty much just did a quick glance. I noticed Dallas has neiman Marcus and Stanley Korshak both downtown as well as a couple of other higher end stores downtown (it was a little easier to google). I believe malls are going to keep decreasing in popularity as the younger generations shift back to more urban style living. It seems like both markets have majority of luxury stores in malls.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:31 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:

Barney's New York
Bloomingdale's
Etc...

I have commented and acknowledged the closing of Saks and Barneys as have others. I'm not going to respond to it 20 times just because it's the only thing you know how to post. Just so everyone is on the same page, there is no Barneys or Bloomingdales in Houston either. So I'm not sure why you keep counting them not being in Dallas as a plus for Houston. But more intellectual dishonesty from you is not exactly surprising. The only Bloomingdales at all in Texas are two outlet locations in Dallas. But even a real Bloomingdales is rumored to be reopening in Dallas as well.

And no one has named Houston the winner on luxury shopping. You have not produced one publication or link. Kindly do so or just quit replying. It's that simple, really. The only lists I've seen for "Best Shopping Cities" have nothing to do with luxury and more to do with number of strip malls. Again -- produce a link already.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 4,479 times
In the very near future, the luxury shopping along Post Oak, Westhiemer, River Oaks and Rice Village in Houston is going to make Dallas look like a ghetto in Detroit. Go check out how many brand new huge shopping areas are being constructed right now in the heart of Houston's west side where all the money is. It is simply phenomenal. Dallas' glory days are over and Houston is the future. When it comes to luxury shopping and luxury retailers falling all over each other to get out of Dallas as quickly as possible, Houston is leaving Dallas in the dust. Houston was already on par for a while now, but watch as Dallas dries up like the scorched prairie that it is built on as the money, the luxury shopping and the better taste all move 250 miles to the southeast.

It's really pathetic reading these sad Dallas cheerleaders get put in their place. They were used to being the unquestioned leaders in luxury shopping. And before their eyes they watch as Houston surpasses them. Get with the times gramps and grannies. It's a new world and the future is in HOUSTON!

Last edited by Alphamale City; 08-12-2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 12:50 PM

92 posts, read 113,407 times
Houston posters might be the biggest babies on this board.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:56 PM

581 posts, read 924,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale City View Post
In the very near future, the luxury shopping along Post Oak, Westhiemer, River Oaks and Rice Village in Houston is going to make Dallas look like a ghetto in Detroit. Go check out how many brand new huge shopping areas are being constructed right now in the heart of Houston's west side where all the money is. It is simply phenomenal. Dallas has failed and Houston is the future. When it comes to luxury shopping and luxury retailers falling all over each other to get out of Dallas as quickly as possible, Houston is leaving Dallas in the dust.

It's really pathetic reading these sad Dallas cheerleaders get put in their place. They were used to being the unquestioned leaders in luxury shopping. And before their eyes they watch as Houston surpasses them. Get with the times gramps and grannies. It's a new world and the future is in HOUSTON!
TXT became Alphamale City

Old 08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,449 times
Default Houston Is The Winner Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
I have commented and acknowledged the closing of Saks and Barneys as have others. I'm not going to respond to it 20 times just because it's the only thing you know how to post. Just so everyone is on the same page, there is no Barneys or Bloomingdales in Houston either. So I'm not sure why you keep counting them not being in Dallas as a plus for Houston. But more intellectual dishonesty from you is not exactly surprising. The only Bloomingdales at all in Texas are two outlet locations in Dallas. But even a real Bloomingdales is rumored to be reopening in Dallas as well.

And no one has named Houston the winner on luxury shopping. You have not produced one publication or link. Kindly do so or just quit replying. It's that simple, really. The only lists I've seen for "Best Shopping Cities" have nothing to do with luxury and more to do with number of strip malls. Again -- produce a link already.
It's good you admit to all the luxury fashion funerals in Dallas of late, that's a start. All those publications ranking Houston above Dallas on luxury shopping are throughout this thread, go back through or google them. You won't like the results, but at least you can begin healing from the trauma caused by the denial and all those Dallas delusions of grandeur. Get well.

So sad all those luxury stores left Dallas. Houston has Saks Fith Avenue which does over $100 million a year, and Giorgio Armani, which will expand soon due to extraordinary growth and sales volume. Dallas lost both of these in 2 locations each.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
It's good you admit to all the luxury fashion funerals in Dallas of late, that's a start. All those publications ranking Houston above Dallas on luxury shopping are throughout this thread, go back through or google them. You won't like the results, but at least you can begin healing from the trauma caused by the denial and all those Dallas delusions of grandeur. Get well.

So sad all those luxury stores left Dallas. Houston has Saks Fith Avenue which does over $100 million a year, and Giorgio Armani, which will expand soon due to extraordinary growth and sales volume. Dallas lost both of these in 2 locations each.
You are just full of S***!!!..You cant possibly be serious....you sound like a 4th grader.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT
All those publications ranking Houston above Dallas on luxury shopping are throughout this thread, go back through or google them.
Nope. I already did with the Forbes list on page 22, post 216. It was baloney and a nonfactor for Houston. You aren't honest enough to admit it. It claimed Houston was a better shopping city than New York and LA because you have more Walmarts. But this nonsense about the national media backing Houston's luxury is your claim. Post your proof if you want anyone to believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyman View Post
TXT became Alphamale City

Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas