Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 AM

517 posts, read 1,051,632 times

Advertisements

My wife commented " Sometimes you see Purple Flowers and they are just purple flowers, and sometimes you see BlueBonnets." She is a REAL Texan.

Field of BlueBonnets on Farm to Market Road 580 west of Lampasas

West Texas Vacation May 2013-image.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,157,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
My wife commented " Sometimes you see Purple Flowers and they are just purple flowers, and sometimes you see BlueBonnets."
It's been my experience that bluebonnets are notoriously difficult to photograph. They never seem as "blue" in photos as they do in reality. I've taken the liberty of "Photoshopping" your posted photo and hope you don't mind. It demonstrates what I'm referring to if you compare the two images.

Last edited by joqua; 04-17-2014 at 05:44 PM..

Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,506 times
If you're in the area, Midland has a couple places of interest:

Petroleum Museum: if you're not into perto, they opened a really cool Racing wing several years back featuring a lot of Jim Hall's race cars.

Permian Basin Petroleum Museum

George Bush childhood home: George W. Bush Childhood Home

Old 04-28-2013, 02:36 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,970,151 times
There's also the Presidential Museum in odessa and the World War II museum at the Midland International Airport.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM

Default San Angelo

Fort Concho National Historic Landmark

I like San Angelo, if some required me to move there I would not be terribly upset. I will visit San Angelo again. Probably for three nights, one to be spent at Fort Concho and two at San Angelo state park.

I did not get any good pictures on this I-Pad, maybe my wife will post pictures later. It will be a little complicated as she has to get them off of the cameras, sort them, then compress them for city data.

I will say, the beach front pavilions had no water but did have scenic view over a nice valley. I had cancelled my reservations at the cabins because I heard the lake was just a stinky puddle, but that was no worry, the puddle dried up!

The cabins are simple but would have a great view of the lake if there was one. Also, there a short walk to a wild life viewing hut. I think being in the park at dawn and dusk would be important.

For me San Angelo seemed like a large town, but not too hustle buslely.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Default Balmoria

The bandwidth here is too narrow to upload pictures.

The pool at Balmoria state park brings a whole new meaning to swimming laps. The ambient light was too high for us to see the Milky Way. Maybe it will be dark enough at the Marfa Lights over look.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,867,276 times
Quote:

The pool at Balmoria state park brings a whole new meaning to swimming laps. The ambient light was too high for us to see the Milky Way. Maybe it will be dark enough at the Marfa Lights over look.

Cheers
Qazulight
Isn't it magnificent?!? Has to be one of my favrorite places in the whole world...and I'm taking my snorkeling equipment next time! :-)

I have heard that you can't always see the Marfa lights, but I've been at least 3 times...and they're there every time.

Enjoy!

Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,970,151 times
Quote:
Fort Concho National Historic Landmark

I like San Angelo, if some required me to move there I would not be terribly upset. I will visit San Angelo again. Probably for three nights, one to be spent at Fort Concho and two at San Angelo state park.

I did not get any good pictures on this I-Pad, maybe my wife will post pictures later. It will be a little complicated as she has to get them off of the cameras, sort them, then compress them for city data.

I will say, the beach front pavilions had no water but did have scenic view over a nice valley. I had cancelled my reservations at the cabins because I heard the lake was just a stinky puddle, but that was no worry, the puddle dried up!

The cabins are simple but would have a great view of the lake if there was one. Also, there a short walk to a wild life viewing hut. I think being in the park at dawn and dusk would be important.

For me San Angelo seemed like a large town, but not too hustle buslely.

Cheers
Qazulight
I went to the San Angelo State Park last summer and the lake was dry then too. However, I do not know if there was a stinky puddle back then because we decided not to go past the gate.I like Angelo too.Hope you're having a great and safe time.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,457 times
Quote:

Cheers
Qazulight
Qazulight, get in your car, turn left out of the park and head out on Hwy 17 like you're going to Fort Davis. You won't have to go that far though. When you get to Wildrose Pass, stop and pull over and park on the side of the road. Then look up. You'll have a beautiful view of those stars and possibly the Milky Way.

Glad you made it Balmorhea! Isn't that pool terrific?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Default Presidio

We said good by to Indian Lodge, stopped in Marfa for breakfast. I keep hearing good thinks about Marfa, I find it unimpressive.

The drive to.Presidio is.mountian desert, interesting but not a destination. When we see Presidio our instinct is to keep driving, but we need some groceries and lunch.

I admit they have decent wi-fi at this restuant, something that Fort Davis and Marfa did not pull off so well.

Pics later.

Cheers
Qazulight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas