Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times

Advertisements

...who else is going to sorely miss these past few months? I mean this has been the most beautiful spring I can remember. More rain would've made it near perfect, but I was satisfied.

Auf Wiedersehen, Spring 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM

On a lighter note, those cravings for ribs, coleslaw, watermelon, and ice pops will be kicking in shortly!

Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM

53 posts, read 116,725 times
Spring is nice. But looking for the summer now, so kids can play in the swimming pool.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
Spring is nice. But looking for the summer now, so kids can play in the swimming pool.
You wont have to look to far......it's here!!!!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
I sure won't miss it, not at all. It will go down as one of the most outrageous things I've ever experienced in my life.

Frankly, this last spring, my response was "don't let the door hit you on the way out." It infuriated me among the most of any weather events in my entire lifetime. The only other event I can think of that made me as outraged was May-July 2007 when it rained & rained continuously, so much so that there was even a newspaper article in mid-July about people taking their first-ever vacations, having totally passed up Memorial Day & all of June because it rained so much.

Me: I like warm weather and water sports especially. I like enjoying the water and walking around and seeing attractive women in tank tops and shorts and bathing suits, and with me able to shoot hoops wearing only shorts & shoes myself. I like to feel warmth and the sun on me. Winter is something I tolerate, because I don't live in the Bahamas & thus can't expect bikini weather in December, but once spring is here, I've served my time and want the cold GONE and FOR GOOD.

Yet, like many others, I find that the summertime with it being 97'F forever can be very taxing. Springtime, for me, is about it being warm, about cold being GONE, but without it being so BRUTAL either.

The past 6-odd weeks or so really upset me, enough that had the funds existed for me, I'd left for Hawaii or the Bahamas and not returned until now. I absolutely cannot stand "cold snaps" or "blackberry winters," not one bit, and this past 6-odd week period was full of more of that than I think I've ever seen. To me, not only was it not nice, I would go so far as to say it was amoral and evil.

The one person said "looking forward to summer so kids can play in the pool"--that's just it. Normally, by mid-March, I'm able to enjoy the lakes quite a bit, and by early-mid April it's here for good. I am NOT used to it taking this freaking long as it did this year. I felt like I was seriously ripped off. It upset me enough, that if I had been granted a wish by a genie or whatever, the elimination of it would've been what I asked for before I asked for long life for me or my wife/kids or parents. It seriously ticked me off that much.

Yes indeed you evil spring of 2013, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM

I started this thread knowing there was a big possibility that you would come in and bring the morale down with your negativity. Well, I hope you're done, because I really don't want to hear anymore of it.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
I've really enjoyed this spring, one of the best I've had for a good while. And even before last weeks storm, we've had more rain this year than all of last year. Things are unusually green. I've use the time to get a watering system set up so on my watering days I can just switch the valves on one faucet rather than dragging hoses and adjusting sprinklers.

It's going to be an awesome summer.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
I've really enjoyed this spring, one of the best I've had for a good while. And even before last weeks storm, we've had more rain this year than all of last year. Things are unusually green. I've use the time to get a watering system set up so on my watering days I can just switch the valves on one faucet rather than dragging hoses and adjusting sprinklers.

It's going to be an awesome summer.
Easily the best part about it; even the tree "snowflakes" that were all over the place. Add that to those cool, breezy days, and I was in a euphoric state.

To top it off, my allergies barely gave me any trouble [knock on wood].

Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,972 times
Allergies gave me trouuble all spring.Ive been waiting for the 100's since mid April

Old 05-15-2013, 06:38 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I started this thread knowing there was a big possibility that you would come in and bring the morale down with your negativity. Well, I hope you're done, because I really don't want to hear anymore of it.
I wasn't trying to bring down any morale. I should be done now by the way, but the thing is, when you asked "who else is going to miss it" I don't think that implied that only posters who WILL miss it were allowed to chime in. I certainly could see someone saying "not me."

If you enjoyed it, that's your prerogative, it's just as much mine to say that I didn't. People certainly contributed to my thread where I was somewhat griping about it saying how much they liked it, I didn't tell them I didn't want to hear anymore of it. Even if I didn't care to hear it, I wasn't about to squash the debate & dialogue that comes with it.

Again, I'm not trying to hijack a thread or bring down morale, if anything my morale is up knowing that it's finally out of here. If your morale is high from enjoying it while it was here, that's totally fine, I'm just saying it wasn't my thing, that's all.

LRH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas