Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most pedestrian-friendly Texas Neighborhood
Downtown Austin 16 18.60%
Uptown in Dallas 36 41.86%
Midtown in Houston 19 22.09%
Downtown San Antonio 11 12.79%
Other (please name) 4 4.65%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times

Advertisements

i think the second statement was more in response to your statements of midtown "not being anything spectacular" and other comments downplaying midtowns growth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 04:07 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
i think the second statement was more in response to your statements of midtown "not being anything spectacular" and other comments downplaying midtowns growth
But when did i downplay midtowns growth????

Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Contradicting statements.
What? That's not contradicting at all.

One sentence said, " Midtown has a long way to go to catch up to Uptown Dallas". Another sentence said, "Midtown is not as far behind as you think."

The second sentence is not saying that Midtown does not still have a long way to go to catch UTD, but it's further along in development than what people realize. Like Texas Tallest said, it's more than you seem to know about.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
What? That's not contradicting at all.

One sentence said, " Midtown has a long way to go to catch up to Uptown Dallas". Another sentence said, "Midtown is not as far behind as you think."

The second sentence is not saying that Midtown does not still have a long way to go to catch UTD, but it's further along in development than what people realize. Like Texas Tallest said, it's more than you seem to know about.
which is all i was saying...I mean a long way is a long way....i never even said how much behind i thought it was.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
which is all i was saying...I mean a long way is a long way....i never even said how much behind i thought it was.
this isnt the "which Houston area compares to uptown Dallas" thread. this is the which is the most pedestrian friendly neighborhood in Texas thread. congrats on having a built up residential uptown, most cities would be envious. but some people prefer the more human scale environment of areas like Midtown Houston, which is why Midtown isnt too far behind UTD in the rankings, despite its lack of skyscrapers.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
this isnt the "which Houston area compares to uptown Dallas" thread. this is the which is the most pedestrian friendly neighborhood in Texas thread. congrats on having a built up residential uptown, most cities would be envious. but some people prefer the more human scale environment of areas like Midtown Houston, which is why Midtown isnt too far behind UTD in the rankings, despite its lack of skyscrapers.
UTD does not have skyscrapers either...its rather short.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Uptown Dallas has a lot of lowrises and highrises. The only major building is the Tower at Cityplace, which is across Central Expressway.

The Tower at Cityplace (42 stories/560 ft)

Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
UTD does not have skyscrapers either...its rather short.
agreed its rather short compared to a major downtown, but it has many more low/mid/high rise buildings than Midtown Houston, which was what i was getting at when i said "skyscrapers".

Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
BOA Plaza new ground level entrance

Photo Credit: Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Photo Credit: Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Old 06-07-2013, 11:16 PM

the pictures arent showing up. you need to be a member of the forum to view them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas