Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:21 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

You can ask the seller for the last 3 months statements on their utilities. If they keep all of their records ask the seller to write down a years worth of what each utility ran and get the name and number of the utility company and call them and ask about the rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,894 times
Default Texas (DFW) vs Northern California

I live in Dallas even since I came to the States from Taiwan some 30 years ago. I had several chances to move to California, but was scared by the housing there. I think maybe I should just bite the bullet at the time, because if I didn't make the move then, it is getting even harder to move at a later time.

My sister lives in Los Altos, houses, small or large, all in millions there. My son lives in San Mateo, they just bought a 3 bedrooms house there. Thanks for the housing collapse, the guy who bought the house next door paid $150,000 more than my son did, but still, the house is around $840K (ask price is $880K). Because of my sister and my son are there and because I always love the mountains, the natural things you know, I was thinking move there also.

My house in Dallas is a 30 years old, 3000+ A/C areas in Dallas and is all paid off. I am approaching my retirement age, I am thinking about selling my house and move to Fremont or Haywood area where houses are not too outrigeous. I think we will initially rent an apartment, then aggressively doing the house hunting, we will be okay to move to a 2-3 bedrooms/2 bath home.

Yes, moving from a low to high cost of living place is tough, I think we will give it a try.

Eric

Old 02-03-2010, 03:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail rider View Post
Has anyone lived in both areas? How would you compare the two. If you had your choice, which would you choose to live in.
Are you serious? No comparisons between the two what so ever!!!

Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM

32 posts, read 65,396 times
As for, "FRIENDLIEST folks in the nation, good family values, conservative, most patriotic, and with great football!! Welcome to Texas, you will love it." That is one particular person's mindset. I don't know anyone like that and I tend to avoid them. It is diverse and multicultural. Some liberal, some conservative, there are tons of nationalities and belief systems and we all don't wave flags. I don't know how to compare because Texas is Texas and California is California, both totally different, but both have good qualities and bad qualities.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:16 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,972 times
I prefer North Texas but thats just me.City data encourages replying to old theads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas