Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM

10,238 posts, read 19,516,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Oh sweetie, I don't think the "Camper Top" ladies discriminate!
LMAO. Yeah, but hon? They might charge by the "clock", and given our age, we might not have the money to make it worth our while...if you all get my drift here!

BTW -- I love this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,421,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
For those that haven't been down to that area, the industry is dominated by the chemical industry, primarily Dow Chemical in Freeport, which located there to produce magnesium from sea water during WWII. Historically, and still somewhat into the current day, the industry is very much male dominated, leaving the men w/o many options. Also, the pay can be quite high for the level of education required, so there were some pretty serious cocaine problems (maybe still are, dunno). At one time, Brazoria County was one of the top two or three richest counties per capita in the U.S., not because there were a bunch of millionaires, but because you could be making 50 or 60k a couple years out of HS in the 1980s.

On that same 'per capita' note, the county was on a top ten list once for the highest number of eligible males (defined as something like 20-35 years old and single); well, it was because they included the Department of Corrections residents. Never pay too much attention to a top ten list .

Btw, the pickups were not that big, so the tailgate was usually down. The pairs of feet sticking out is how we figured out what was going on.....
Too funny! Honestly, even when I was single I never went down there thinking I might meet someone...at ALL. Glad to know my instincts were spot on. I have met some characters, though! Last time I was there I took a bunch of my kid's friends. I had what looked like the most randomly put together group I've ever seen ask me to join them at some bar. I politely declined. Not sure what was going on but it seemed to be a group of middle-aged men and what looked like their daughters...only they weren't their daughters.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO. Yeah, but hon? They might charge by the "clock", and given our age, we might not have the money to make it worth our while...if you all get my drift here!

BTW -- I love this thread!
Imagine the added...er...stress...if there actually was a ticking clock.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Imagine the added...er...stress...if there actually was a ticking clock.
LOL My imagination has dwindled with age as well as....well, it makes me sad to think about it all!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM

Default On the Gulf

Quote:
Oh sweetie, I don't think the "Camper Top" ladies discriminate!
Just to follow up with all the "Camper Top" ladies stuff: We are headed to the Gulf today, so I will report in when we get back next week if there are still any around these days! LOL

Anyway, y'all all have a great week. God Bless Texas!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Just to follow up with all the "Camper Top" ladies stuff: We are headed to the Gulf today, so I will report in when we get back next week if there are still any around these days! LOL

Anyway, y'all all have a great week. God Bless Texas!
Enjoy! We're trying to fit it in sometime in the middle of July but work and life in general keeps interfering with our plans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas