Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Texas City has the best Visage?
Dallas 11 31.43%
Houston 10 28.57%
Austin 4 11.43%
Other 2 5.71%
What the Hell does 'Visage' Mean? 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 PM

89 posts, read 153,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
I asked the question because the meaning I had for visage didn't match up with what the question was ("visage" meaning 'facial appearance'). Then when he added "Human visage", I was a little confused as to what he meant. It doesn't hurt to broaden your vocabulary, but it also doesn't hurt to help someone out who just has an innocent question either.
It's cool, Jay. My post wasn't directed at you.
"Visage" can also mean overall appearance, so I guess that's what King Joey is asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM

61 posts, read 113,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
"Visage" can also mean overall appearance, so I guess that's what King Joey is asking.
Precisely.

As for me using the word "Visage", I guess I could have used a more simplistic, common term; but I really did want to encourage people who didn't know the meaning to look it up! You're right, Dionysus; it never hurts to learn knew words and broaden your speech! This is true even for adults.
Thanks !!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Wow, the title of this post has to be an indictment against our educational system.

The only answer can be this:
The Face

Old 07-22-2013, 12:47 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
I picked other.

I picked San Antonio because I live here of course! BUT...

I would say Houston if your into men and Austin if your into WOmen.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I picked other.

I picked San Antonio because I live here of course! BUT...

I would say Houston if your into men and Austin if your into WOmen.
I should have included San Antonio in the options. I forgot. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
The only answer can be this:
The Face
OMG! I love Visage! Thanks for the link!

Visage - Fade To Grey (Original 12" Long Version) - YouTube

Old 07-22-2013, 01:31 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
It's cool, Jay. My post wasn't directed at you.
Oh, haha, I hadn't voted so I didn't see the poll results. NOW I see what you mean

Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 PM

328 posts, read 471,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Joey View Post
I'd say Houston.
If the question is which city has the female population with the most armpit hair, I'd say the poll is correct: Houston. Everyone around the world knows that Dallas is known for its beautiful women.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
If the question is which city has the female population with the most armpit hair, I'd say the poll is correct: Houston. Everyone around the world knows that Dallas is known for its beautiful women.
HaHaHa. Funny.
That wasn't the question... and it's not just about women but everyone. And since when is Dallas known "around the world" for beautiful women.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:52 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Hi, hater.

I'll just take this opportunity to say that I voted based on which city I feel has the greatest variety of attractive and well-dressed people of all races and backgrounds, and that easily goes to Houston.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:55 AM

519 posts, read 777,174 times
Quote:
I've heard this too. Notably the Dallas strip clubs are world famous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas