Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:55 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,905,610 times

Advertisements

Nacogdoches has now change the speed limit on Northwest loop future I-69 from 55 to 65 for a better flow of traffic to get through that area with out a problem.Nacogdoches and Lufkin are really gearing up for the freeway systems that are finally coming as construction go on in north Lufkin and next year will go on in south Nac.Construction is going on already south of the city limits of Nac with the turn around lanes and there is so many national chains that are jumping on the ban wagon for Nac and as well for Lufkin.

Nac and Lufkin are basically the mini verison of DFW and if you haven't been in this area in a while it is worth the drive to see all the action taking place.I drove through where the new areas of construction is going on and was shock on how quick it is happening.Nacogdoches change a small two lane highway going toward lake Nacogdoches to a four lane highway with center lane within a four month period it was a shock!!!
I also drove the west end loop from the clover intersection of US 59 and US 259 to US 59 South which is a 11 mile stretch in Nac around the rush hour and it feels like your in a big city because the traffic is moving faster and now it is causing congestion because of motorist catching up quick to other cars wow!!!!
The most shocking thing of all is how Nac and Lufkin will have major freeway systems before Tyler and Longview..........
Lufkin north loop will have four main lanes going each direction and frontage road of three lanes going different direction which basically make 7 lanes of traffic on each side of the freeway while Tyler and Longview only have three lanes on each side of the highway on there loop.I am not bashing those cities but you would think for those cities to have larger population they would being doing the same thing.Marshall is going to grow faster then Tyler and Longview when it's all said and done because their will be to interstates running through I-69 and I-20 that will be something to see but that is some years down the road for that.Lufkin is going to look like going into Humble,tx which I can't say it enough is a shock and with so many big box retailers already on the south end of town where there is partial freeway that don't even compare to this project within 10 years I see Lufkin climbing to around 70,000 people because one thing I do know is that freeway will be filled with probably most alot of the business that are on the south side.
People may say I am crazy but if Conroe can climb to from 40,000 to 90,000 I know Nac and Lufkin will be something to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 02:12 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Don't mean to be a Naysayer but a freeway won't make a city grow that much.
plus I-69 still has a long way to go. Michigan and Kentucky are the only street where 69 is 100 percent complete, almost complete in Indiana but they really need to build a freeway bridge to cross the Ohio river crossing into Kentucky. a lot of work to do in Tennessee and Mississippi and i don't even think Arkansas has done squat.

But i can't wait for it all to be complete.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:29 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,822 times
lol, moving on up in the world...

Old 08-04-2013, 02:35 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,414,005 times
Before you know it Lufkin and Nacogdoches will be closing in on Houston in terms of population and growth!!!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,905,610 times
Nacogdoches and Lufkin are not Houston but are becoming regional hubs for the east Texas area.....
Nacogdoches just approved a 300 acre annexation on the southwest part of the city and the city just annex the regional airport Al Manger soooo with that being said Nac and Lufkin are really holding there own.
The daily Sentinal a local newspaper was just talking about how the core of Nacogdoches is really getting dense so that should tell that Nacogdoches is really taking off.People in this area of east texas don't really have to go to Houston unless they want see a city over a million because what Nac don't have Lufkin have and what Lufkin don't have Nac have.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,900,720 times
So the Nacogdoches portion will be a great interstate highway and then it will dead end in Louisiana where the highway hasn't even begun. I presume that the highway will merge onto US 84 in Louisiana, which is a 2 lane highway.

I-69 will end up being a great intrastate highway in Texas to go from Nacogdoches to Brownsville. But don't count on any development in either Louisiana or Arkansas. Both states are putting all funding into I-49.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,962,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
So the Nacogdoches portion will be a great interstate highway and then it will dead end in Louisiana where the highway hasn't even begun. I presume that the highway will merge onto US 84 in Louisiana, which is a 2 lane highway.

I-69 will end up being a great intrastate highway in Texas to go from Nacogdoches to Brownsville. But don't count on any development in either Louisiana or Arkansas. Both states are putting all funding into I-49.
Where are you getting this info from? I'm not seeing anything that says that online.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:45 PM

517 posts, read 1,052,934 times
Thumbs down Too fast in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Nacogdoches has now change the speed limit on Northwest loop future I-69 from 55 to 65 for a better flow of traffic to get through that area with out a problem..

Since they raised the speed limit on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches we have loss a person a month to fatality crashes. One major accident a week.

In my opinion, each of the law makers that voted for the higher speed limits should be taken out, stripped naked, tied to a telephone pole and be beaten with a horse whip every time a life is lost due the high speed encouraged on the rural roadways.

Qazulight

Old 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Unhappy Mini Me? or Mini Mini Me?

Quote:

Nac and Lufkin are basically the mini verison of DFW

Nac and Lufkin are barely basically the mini version of Tyler and Longview.

Which is fine by me.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
The most shocking thing of all is how Nac and Lufkin will have major freeway systems before Tyler and Longview..........
Lufkin north loop will have four main lanes going each direction and frontage road of three lanes going different direction which basically make 7 lanes of traffic on each side of the freeway while Tyler and Longview only have three lanes on each side of the highway on there loop.I am not bashing those cities but you would think for those cities to have larger population they would being doing the same thing.Marshall is going to grow faster then Tyler and Longview when it's all said and done because their will be to interstates running through I-69 and I-20 that will be something to see but that is some years down the road for that.Lufkin is going to look like going into Humble,tx which I can't say it enough is a shock and with so many big box retailers already on the south end of town where there is partial freeway that don't even compare to this project within 10 years I see Lufkin climbing to around 70,000 people because one thing I do know is that freeway will be filled with probably most alot of the business that are on the south side.
People may say I am crazy but if Conroe can climb to from 40,000 to 90,000 I know Nac and Lufkin will be something to see.
Dee,

Really, you should be financial blogger, or a writer for Fox news are something. You have the knack for spin, your talents are wasted in Deep East Texas. Like the advice Jed got...

"Friends said, Jed, move away from here
Said that California was the place he ought to be"

Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs - "The Ballad Of Jed Clampett" - YouTube

Cheers
Qazulight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas