Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Sorry that I failed in my reply to tell you good luck with your plans. Guys my age can't possibly realize what it's like to have to make plans for the right life's mate or partner. Each day I live I am more certain that I was abducted by aliens from the planet I was born on and carried to another. I do sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot High Plains and thanks for always being supportive and being very sincere.Its fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by die Eichkatze View Post
Yep, some came over and helped settle the town, the latest around the turn of the 20th century. I know landmen that base out of Austin and San Antonio...jobs are not as numerous as midland, but the eagle ford is keeping them happy. Six figure pay without all the madness of Midland/Odessa. Job security is an issue though...

Octoberfest is this weekend in Fredericksburg! Good beer, good food, good people, fun times!
Wow that's awesome. I was familiar with the story of Fredericksburg. Ya, Ill go where I can get a job. My cousin started in Fort Worth and her husband worked in Pleasanton. I did not know landmen lived in Austin. Yep, I am very aware that job security is one big issue so ill be sure to get enough overrides and buy enough mineral rights hopefully like my cousin is doing.Thats awesome.wish I could go.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:42 AM

270 posts, read 593,028 times
I'm a little surprised that you're so interested in a German woman. I'm German myself, but won't consider me that different. Yes, I know how to cook and bake from scratch (unlike the most US women I know) and some traditions are important to me... But that's about it. And it's rare to find in the young Generation (early 20's).

The only difference, that is left, would be the language.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,162,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
I did not know landmen lived in Austin.
Seems like a logical place for them to be since they are able to access the state archives directly when searching for information. Being centrally located as the city is, it also makes travel to county seats somewhat easier.

I can only imagine there is really stiff competition now among landmen and leasing agents.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnylo View Post
I'm a little surprised that you're so interested in a German woman. I'm German myself, but won't consider me that different. Yes, I know how to cook and bake from scratch (unlike the most US women I know) and some traditions are important to me... But that's about it. And it's rare to find in the young Generation (early 20's).

The only difference, that is left, would be the language.
ya its more a function of wanting to keep the heritage and culture alive for my children.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Seems like a logical place for them to be since they are able to access the state archives directly when searching for information. Being centrally located as the city is, it also makes travel to county seats somewhat easier.

I can only imagine there is really stiff competition now among landmen and leasing agents.

true, ya your right about that joqua.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 793 times
The most German area is New Braunfels, Tx. Personally my family tree originates out of Prussia and Germany. I have lived for 7 years in Germany in the state of Bavaria in middle-size town called Bamberg. I miss days of Volksmarches and just having an outing of fun in the Hill Country of Texas. Anyway, East Texas you find more Germans, believe it or not Mexico City has a good size German population as well.

Moderator cut: English only

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 01-28-2014 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: This is an English only forum.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrenke View Post
The most German area is New Braunfels, Tx. Personally my family tree originates out of Prussia and Germany. I have lived for 7 years in Germany in the state of Bavaria in middle-size town called Bamberg. I miss days of Volksmarches and just having an outing of fun in the Hill Country of Texas. Anyway, East Texas you find more Germans, believe it or not Mexico City has a good size German population as well.

Moderator cut: English only
ya my fam came from Bavaria and I knew theres a lot of German Mennonites in Mexico.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas